PDA

View Full Version : Need help with display function on CD8455

Hoot
02-10-2006, 08:44 PM
This oughtta be an easy one for you guys... I can't find my manual and I wanna get rid of the silly display animatiion on my Eclipse 8455. I just want to see the track number and time elapsed rolling, but whenever I try to adjust the display I get this only for a brief time before the animation resumes its control.

Vat ta du?

alphakenny1
02-11-2006, 04:23 PM
i gotcha man!

if you haven't figured it out here's how to turn off the animation:

1) press display (DISP)
2) turn the SEL knob to "motion picture."
3) Choose "off" from the choices

My guess is this turns off the animation. I could check for you later on. You can try it to and let me know if it works.

Hoot
02-11-2006, 10:12 PM
I really appreciate that - I'm gonna give it a go and let you know - many thanks.

stratusrt01
02-12-2006, 12:02 PM
That's what I do with my CD8445

Hoot
02-13-2006, 09:23 PM
Hmmm... my keeps reverting to animation and to the "welcome".

I am wondering if the display is not working right. It is set to OFF. Do I need to hold down the button or something??? Tried A, B, C motion picture, and it changes to each of them respectively, but when I go back to OFF, the screen is strait-up numbers only for a short time, and then back comes the same **** animation after about 7-8 seconds....

Hoot
02-15-2006, 01:08 AM
Anyone else? Do I have to hold something down for a time, er... I'll find that manual at some point, but it is eluding me right now.

Worried I have a bug in my deck, though... motion picture is in the off setting and the animation keeps returning. :(

alphakenny1
02-15-2006, 04:00 AM
yea thats odd. i just went into my car and turned off the animation to "off" and it stayed off. weird....

Hoot
02-15-2006, 09:35 AM
AlphaK, once again, I appreciate you checkin' on this for me in a big way - THANKS! I'm headed to my dealer to see what he says. I'll post again, here, in a day or two. Cheers....