PDA

View Full Version : Help with new Pioneer-680mp

jer_stud56
02-10-2006, 12:03 PM
Here's the situ:
Just bought a new 680mp, as the thread states heh. There's an AUX in the front. Picture to follow. Problem is that it's a 2.5mm female input. I know for a fact that an iPod jack is bigger, and I need a convertor to play it. Any idea where I can find one that will fit my need? I've googled and eBayed for a few days but still not having much luck. I'm gonna head to like radioshack this weekend but it's so much easier just to get it off the net. Any help's appreciated. This deck is amazing by the way.

pictures: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6308.html
click View larger and other pictures
look at the fold down one...

Flipx99
02-10-2006, 12:46 PM
I recently bought the same deck. I bet radioshak has some adapters.

also be some headphone adapters may work.

jer_stud56
02-10-2006, 08:07 PM
I know now that a 3.5 male to 2.5 male jack will work. I went to best buy, the idiot working car audio told me it was for a microphone. I debated with him for a good 5 minutes and he would not believe me that it's another AUX, and they don't even have the 06's in there yet. I hate best buy.

Anyways. I might just take my old xbox live headset cause they use 2.5mm and cut it with another 3.5mm female plug. I'll make something cool.

jer_stud56
02-13-2006, 04:53 PM
No help from anyone?

Flipx99
02-13-2006, 04:57 PM
I know now that a 3.5 male to 2.5 male jack will work. I went to best buy, the idiot working car audio told me it was for a microphone. I debated with him for a good 5 minutes and he would not believe me that it's another AUX, and they don't even have the 06's in there yet. I hate best buy.

Anyways. I might just take my old xbox live headset cause they use 2.5mm and cut it with another 3.5mm female plug. I'll make something cool.

Should have showed the stupid *** the manual where is says aux 2.

How did the splicing method go? Try radioshack

jer_stud56
02-14-2006, 12:41 PM
I think Im gonna try the splicing method tonight...I have heard radioshack uses mono plugs so I don't really want one of those. I bought one off ebay...we'll see how that goes if it doesn't work it was only 5 bucks. I'll probably end up making my own. Either that or just using the rear AUX instead cause my friend has an adapter he used to use for his iPod.