PDA

View Full Version : Anyway to make Viper 791 more sensitive?

jrz126
02-08-2006, 02:08 PM
how do you have the sensor mounted right now?
If you secure it firmly to a solid surface, it should be more sensitive.

I dont think you want it to be that sensitve though, I had mine hard mounted and it would go off if a strong enough breeze came by.

dantheman8328
02-08-2006, 07:11 PM
ask the shop where they mounted it or try to find it yourself.
there should be a small yellow screw on the inside of the sensor that you can fit a little screw driver in threw a small hole. turning the screw clockwise makes the sensor more sensative.

docutech
02-08-2006, 07:16 PM
If you set your sensitivity to trigger the alarm from someone keying your car it will become headache since a car with a louder muffler will set that sucker off. I wouldnt set it that high. I set mine to go off whenever the car is hit firmly with my fist or a firm tap on any window with my car key. I think I have it set just right.

johnecon2001
02-08-2006, 09:44 PM
ask the shop where they mounted it or try to find it yourself.
there should be a small yellow screw on the inside of the sensor that you can fit a little screw driver in threw a small hole. turning the screw clockwise makes the sensor more sensative.

*Ding Ding* Winnner!

That is correct.

Shyne151
02-08-2006, 09:48 PM
If you set your sensitivity to trigger the alarm from someone keying your car it will become headache since a car with a louder muffler will set that sucker off. I wouldnt set it that high. I set mine to go off whenever the car is hit firmly with my fist or a firm tap on any window with my car key. I think I have it set just right.

Werd. You would be amazed at how many people come in to get the sensor turned up then are back in a week later to have me set it where I had in the first place.

dantheman8328
02-08-2006, 10:16 PM
yea like everyone else said, dont set it so sensative that every little thing sets it off...the biggest problem with car alarms today is that so many of them are set so sensative that no one notices them anymore, and it will just become a huge hassal(sp?) for you.

*Ding Ding* Winnner!

That is correct.

thanks, the shop where i bought my 791 last week offered me a job as an installer a couple days ago:D

Vestax
02-09-2006, 04:29 AM
I often find that mounting the sensor on a large wiring harness is more accurate than mounting it directly on the chassis or surface, which makes it more erratic.

dak0ta_g33k
02-09-2006, 09:59 PM
mine (double guard shock) wont go off with me bouncing on the bumper, but has gone off when some one did a bass drive by in the parking lot. there's another car in the lot whose proximity sensor chirps a warn away if you stand in the space it's parked in.