View Full Version : Help with choosing EQL and Crossover

02-08-2006, 11:37 AM
I am looking for some ideas on a good EQ and Crossover. I would really like them to be built together rather than have 2 more additional things to add the car.

This is the system I am running now in a 95 3000gt.

HU- Panasonic 7301u

Front Speakers - Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 or MB Quart PCE-216 (haven't made up my mind yet)
Amp for front Speakers - Infinity Kappa 54a (Bridged 4 channel, putting out 150W RMS x 2)

No rear speakers right now.

Sub - Infinity Kappa 10" VQ (Box ported to 32hz)
Sub Amp - Rockford 401s (bridged to 400W RMS x1)

1 Farad Digital Cap (Rockford).

I started looking at some EQ's and Crossovers and found this one.

Audio Control Concert Series
Audio Control EQL Series 2

But I wasn't sure on how nice it was or if it was an overkill for the system i am running. I would like the equalizer to have as many Bands as possible but within a reasonable price range (less than 200 off ebay). I am not into anything flashy and would definately prefer a trunk mount system rather than in dash. So any sugjestions would be great.

02-08-2006, 12:04 PM
look for an EQX then.

02-08-2006, 12:48 PM
do you already have amps? The new Zapco digital referance amps are going to kick ***. They basically added a 30 band parametric EQ to the input of each channel (I think- this is not 100% verified fact) this would be an awesome way to go. They may even be my nest amp/s

02-08-2006, 01:48 PM
Yeah i already have both amps. The only thing i am lacking right now are the door speakers and i am still compliplating putting another set of components in the rear where the 6x9's were. But they will probably just be the exact same that are going in the door.

02-08-2006, 04:26 PM
I am looking for an EQX also, whats the best 3rd octave 3way EQX (subwoofer, midbass, horns) thats not gonna cost me $200 on ebay.