PDA

View Full Version : Kdc-x889 Errorsssahhh

drzenitram
02-07-2006, 05:37 PM
my coworker has a question for y'all, and I know you're all gurus... so!:

i own a kenwood kdc-x889 and i had it in my nissan 300zx for about half a year then just installed it into my womens honda civic. it worked fine for about 2 or 3 days and now when driving when you hit the slightest bump it comes up with CALL on the screen. Does anybody have any suggestions.

Prowler573
02-07-2006, 09:32 PM
my coworker has a question for y'all, and I know you're all gurus... so!:

i own a kenwood kdc-x889 and i had it in my nissan 300zx for about half a year then just installed it into my womens honda civic. it worked fine for about 2 or 3 days and now when driving when you hit the slightest bump it comes up with CALL on the screen. Does anybody have any suggestions.

The telephone mute wire (brown if memory serves) is arcing against something when you hit a bump and telling the HU that a call is incoming would be my first guess. Does the unit mute itself when this happens?

drzenitram
02-08-2006, 12:05 AM
That's actually what I deduced as well, I had that kind of a problem with my car's stock alarm. The 'every time I hit a bump' made it sound like it was definately grounding out on something. I told him to buy some electrical tape and dig in. If he did it last night we'll find out.