PDA

View Full Version : Best Alarm Speaker 120dbs+

Dj-torn
02-06-2006, 09:25 PM
Plain and simple, i want to make my alarm loud.

What i am thinking of doing is adding some more siren speakers; so it would be 2 infront and 1 in the rear. Would adding the additional speakers make a noticable difference in db's.

Would this work as and alarm Speaker and be worth it when compared to the regular horn speakers? Whelen (http://www.whelen.com/details_prod.php?head_id=9&cat_id=67&prod_id=87&category=Siren)

I know i could buy the pager so that i know when it goes off, but I really don't have that money, plus i already have one installed and i don't want the hassle of going through the wiring.

Towncar
02-06-2006, 10:37 PM
I would personally invest in a pager aswell, but the loud siren should help out a bit, and scare robbers away. Louder is better. Im still trying to devise a plan for my car.

dantheman8328
02-07-2006, 10:13 AM
maybe look for the old DEI pager add on, i think its like 560T...they stopped production so youll most likely have to get it from like ebay or something..
as for the sirens, id put two piezo's under the dash and then one under the hood, the more the better. also make sure you have a backup battery so they cant cut your power cable under the hood. the sirens under the dash will make them not want to try to stop the alarm.

MisterGrubbs
02-07-2006, 01:12 PM
I have the 791XV Viper. I'm somewhat nervous, lots of jackasses in my town who would love to steal my system. Sooooo

791 XV Viper Alarm
Glass Break Sensor
Tilt Sensor
Window Module(let them up and down by remote lol)
Backup Battery
Two extra Mini Piezo Sirens

That's what mine consists of. With only two of the mini piezo sirens, it should be **** near painful to sit in the car. :-)

MisterGrubbs
02-07-2006, 01:13 PM
Oh and on the mini peizo sirens, you can get 3 for like 13-14 bucks shipped off ebay, maybe a tad more

dleccord
02-07-2006, 01:19 PM
how would you wire the sirens together? red to red ground to ground?

MisterGrubbs
02-07-2006, 01:20 PM
I would imagine so, but I'm the wrong person to ask.

I would also imagine that there is a remote wire. Let me look at my sirens and see(I'll take a pic)

MisterGrubbs
02-07-2006, 01:34 PM
There's only a 12v and a ground. No clue how to do it, sorry if I caused any confusion. Want a pic of my mini Piezo? It's tiny lol

Dj-torn
02-07-2006, 05:58 PM
Wire the sirends using a relay, Black groung and red power. Relay for safety.

My plan=
Inside the car;
Mini piezo sirens on the side pilar behind the seat belt cover on both driver side and passenger side and one under the dash.

Out side;
2 Sirends under hood, 1 in the rear. I just wanted to get the loudest sirens i could for this, but the way things are looking to be, piezo is going to be a good choice.

dantheman8328
02-08-2006, 07:09 PM
buy another one?

RFCV
02-08-2006, 07:30 PM
Try a couple of 30w home security sirens outside! They are also on Ebay in 'Home Security'.

http://partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=260-062

I have 2 in my engine (had to cut some of the plastic flare with a hack saw to make them fit).

They are very loud, especially with my 2 Stinger batteries powering them!!:eek:
I have a 120dB Piezo and a 130dB 6 multi-tone inside!

Trust me, it will wake up the neighborhood and can't be ignored!!!;)

baggedmazda1
02-10-2006, 09:13 AM
well it has to do with directional sound pointing down at what? the metal hers bounces all of the engine bay in my old truck i had 2 single tone sierns that were basicly ported out the fender well so you still had it in the engine bay and loud as hell out side

RFCV
02-10-2006, 04:54 PM
They have a paralyzing 140dB car alarm siren @ www.jcwhitney.com

95Eclipse
02-26-2006, 09:40 PM
how would you wire the sirens together? red to red ground to ground?
word of advice, if your adding more than 1 siren onto the BROWN wire of your DEI alarm, put a relay to boost power, you will loose 30% of your sound each extra siren u put on without a relay... 1 relay supports 4 sirens... take power DIRECTLY from battery...

RFCV
02-28-2006, 06:27 PM
word of advice, if your adding more than 1 siren onto the BROWN wire of your DEI alarm, put a relay to boost power, you will loose 30% of your sound each extra siren u put on without a relay... 1 relay supports 4 sirens... take power DIRECTLY from battery...

Just wondering where you get that info from?

I have heard it said many times both over here, at 'Security Sense' @ www.Sounddomain.com by 'Murph' (who is a very well known knowledgeable alarm installer) and in the 'Security' forum @ www.the12volt.com (also very knowledgeable installers) that any more the 3 sirens, add a relay. Most alarms can handle up to 3 without any power loss or overpowering the alarm brain, providing you have a good maintained battery.

I have 4 sirens all wired in parallel without any relay. My siren output capacity on the brown wire is 2 amps, which I hear is plenty enough. I have been running it like this for a very long time now with no problems and it is very loud!!:eek: What also may help much is I have 2 Stinger batteries powering, so much juice!!;)

*Your reasoning does sound logical, but I am wondering where did you that 30% loss for every siren, even if it was 2.

80INCHES
02-28-2006, 06:34 PM
or put one of these horns in

http://www.hornblasters.com/

NeverEnuffBass
02-28-2006, 09:40 PM
or put one of these horns in

http://www.hornblasters.com/

Going in my car as soon as I can get the money together.... Can't wait till some jackass either honks at me or cuts my off. Or if anyone was stupid enough to try and get in my car, that should **** near give them a heart attack. :up2somet:

maxse
03-01-2006, 07:24 PM
guys this is a really cool idea. One question though for those of you putting these horns inside the car. What happens if you accidently set the alarm off while you are in the car. These thing scan make you have hearing loss!