PDA

View Full Version : whats the difference between lcd and led

BassRulesCarz
02-06-2006, 06:14 PM
besides the fact lcd have screens what are led's? do led's vibrate? cuz i know led's are cheaper is it worth spending the extra on lcd?

NhustlaR
02-06-2006, 06:20 PM
???? LED's are light emitting diodes....they create light when electrical current is passed through it. The light is not particularly bright, but in most LEDs it is monochromatic, occurring at a single wavelength. The output from an LED can range from red (at a wavelength of approximately 700 nanometers) to blue-violet (about 400 nanometers). Some LEDs emit infrared (IR) energy (830 nanometers or longer); such a device is known as an infrared-emitting diode (IRED).

LCD. Abbreviation of Liquid Crystal Display, a type of display used in digital watches and many portable computers. LCD displays utilize two sheets of polarizing material with a liquid crystal solution between them. An electric current passed through the liquid causes the crystals to align so that light cannot pass through them. Each crystal, therefore, is like a shutter, either allowing light to pass through or blocking the light.

happy?

NhustlaR
02-06-2006, 06:21 PM
haha sorry bro, theyre nothing alike.

Chevyaudio
02-06-2006, 06:21 PM
I think He wants to compare LCDs to PLASMA...because LED=Light Emiting Diode...nothing close to a TV

Edit** dammn to slow

tRiGgEr
02-06-2006, 06:24 PM
:confused:

What are you refering to when you say LED?

NhustlaR
02-06-2006, 06:24 PM
eh idk much about TV's cept i have a 72 in my living room, LCD's arent too good because you have to sit exactally eye level with the TV, or you will get a bad "view". I believe Plasma TV's do not have that.

Chevyaudio
02-06-2006, 06:26 PM
eh idk much about TV's cept i have a 72 in my living room, LCD's arent too good because you have to sit exactally eye level with the TV, or you will get a bad "view". I believe Plasma TV's do not have that.

Yep Plasmas have great Off axis viewing, thats why they cost so **** much...all I can muster is a 32 inch in my apartment

JimJ
02-06-2006, 06:28 PM
I wouldn't use a Plasma screen if someone gave one to me :D

DLP is the way to go...:)

tRiGgEr
02-06-2006, 06:31 PM

X4998724923759

I hate being able to see the friggin dots! Who cares about a high refresh rate when the quality is crap.

LCD or DLP 4 meh!!!!!

Chevyaudio
02-06-2006, 06:32 PM
explain what DLP is for me...im a TV noob

JimJ
02-06-2006, 06:32 PM
I also find it funny that all these people are buying several thousand dollar TV's that won't work in several years :)

But of course, by then they would have upgraded to whatever else is out there to fleece unknowing consumers...

tRiGgEr
02-06-2006, 06:34 PM
I'm praying Blueray replaces standard DVDs...

Or that HighDef DVDs and players become available soon. True High Def recorded movies are going to be sweet.

Savstyle
02-06-2006, 06:40 PM

DLP is the way to go...:)
:word:

05reverb
02-07-2006, 02:43 PM
plasma & LCD are the most expensive and are the best quality picture, that is because the actual screen is LCD or plasma(the ones that are flat and can be hung on the wall), then u got the projection screens wich are cheaper, the DLP (digital light projection) and lcd projection (like a millions tiny lcd screens projected on the acual screen by light). IMO the real LCD screens are the best (the ones that the actual screen is LCD, not the projection type).

05reverb
02-07-2006, 02:46 PM
but DLP would be my way of going too, because they are less expensive and you can get bigger screens, plus they can be fixed for alot cheaper and alot easier, sometime u only have to change the internal lamp.