PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer AVIC-D1 navigation not working

timmyjimmy5150
02-05-2006, 04:49 PM
I had a sound store install my Pioneer AVIC-D1 in my Ford F-150.
The radio works but I can't use the navigation options. Even when I am parked with the parking break set --- I can't input addresses; set options; or even set the clock.....
What could be the problem? The map displays and shows where I am currently going.... But all other options are locked out all the time.
Is there a bypass for this D1?

thanks

tim

imaspaceguy90
02-05-2006, 04:50 PM
they prolly didnt wire the parking brake wire, if it says that your parking brake must be set for this feture that would be the problem

NYRngrs24
02-05-2006, 04:58 PM
It's mystically not bypassed. i have a d1 too. there are bypassing directions some where.

I know this sounds dickish. but i'm not trying to be. go to google.com and search avic-d1 bypass, and many car sites will pop up with directions, and people saying it work. and i can tell you, it does.

Randy Savage
02-05-2006, 05:16 PM
If you want to bypass it yourself it's quite simple.

On the D1 harness, find a wire that you are not using. Pull it out of the harness (with the pin connection still in tact). Now, look on the harness, you'll see an empty slot on the connection next to the black ground wire. Stick that wire you just pulled out into that pin, and splice that wire into the ground.

That will fully bypass the D1.

05reverb
02-07-2006, 12:38 PM
i taught the d1 was bypassible the same way as my avh-p5700dvd? it's just to run the green parking brake wire threw a switch, then from switch to ground.

Randy Savage
02-07-2006, 12:58 PM
i taught the d1 was bypassible the same way as my avh-p5700dvd? it's just to run the green parking brake wire threw a switch, then from switch to ground.

Why would you want to put in a switch when you can permanently bypass it?