PDA

View Full Version : deh-8400 big problem need advice

baggedmazda1
02-04-2006, 08:25 PM
My cd played was attempted to be stolen but they could not get it out of the dash but they took the face and used the bridge as a pull handle. 1st problem it would not turn on after i used a buddys face and i learned about a common problem with the ribbon cable i put that in today and i got power and was in love for a second(i realy was i had a pyle(pile of poo) cd player) so that fixed that.

Now the big problem #2 The face was coming out like i vegly remember it doing and it stopped so i pushed down a little and then it moved i kinda took a lot of force to do it so i think that when they tryed prying the messed the gears up or warped the bridge it sits on althought i beat that out very smoth. So the ? how can i fix this and do you think this is the gaers or the bridge also the face goes on and off pretty easy just like i remember it doing. How would i fix the gears?

delvryboy
02-04-2006, 09:00 PM
8400?

get a new deck, you can get a premier 680 off ebay for $200 shipped, it will run circles around it ;)

delvryboy
02-04-2006, 09:01 PM
8400?

get a new deck, you can get a premier 680 off ebay for $200 shipped, it will run circles around it ;)

baggedmazda1
02-04-2006, 10:14 PM
i realy like this deck and have no more room in my funds for one i gotta motor to pay for and paintball and computers as u can see these are very high priced sports