PDA

View Full Version : Sony Headunit help!

DemonaL
02-03-2006, 03:33 PM
My friend recently bought a Sony Headunit I have no idea what model it is, so i installed it for him, all the wires were ****ed up when i first started so i guessed the wires, turns up i did a good job everythings working and everything, the only problem I got is the buttons for favorite radio stations isnt saving everytime you shut the car off and on, theres been more problems with this system, I told him to stay away from Sony, but he doesnt listen to me, so theres another problem with his subs/amp shutting off randomly, that he has to shut his car off/on and/or wait for it to turn back on, he keeps *****ing at me b/c theres a wire not connected, i told him your not giving off enough power, any suggestions?

Jordantyler
02-03-2006, 03:38 PM
Sony Hu's **** my fried i dont even know how .. but i dont know what to tell u sorry

Alpineinstaller
02-03-2006, 03:41 PM
you dont have the yellow (memory) wire hooked up to the 12v constant, thats why its losing the stations.

budahbuddy803
02-04-2006, 11:45 AM
i am liking what the man above me said but that guy NEEDS to get away from sony everything i had a sony HU and the 1st day the subwoofer output blew i was like wtf! i bought pioneer and its the ****!

Alpineinstaller
02-04-2006, 11:50 AM
Sony Hu's **** my fried i dont even know how .. but i dont know what to tell u sorry

Thats a very blanketed statement, their higher end one are nice.

93 saturn sl2
02-04-2006, 11:54 AM
Thats a very blanketed statement, their higher end one are nice.

Yes it is. I have the CDX-F7700, I dont know if its considered higher end but its a very nice HU. Tons of features, and preouts, aux in, etc.

DemonaL
02-05-2006, 10:14 AM
yeah, he went ahead and bought his system, i told him to stay away from sony, but his friends have it, so he didnt listen to me, so i ended up installin it anyways, he bought a 8guage wire, and tells me why his amp is losing power, he actually blames me b/c i installed it, then all his wires were cut behind the headunit, from the original honda wires, he made his own 2 adapters to put into the previous ownsers old headunit (he needed a new headunit b/c the old one didnt have rca output. But ive heard his friends sony, he told me its loud as hell, he turns it up to 20, im like wtf... thats like mine on 5.

KaeZoo
02-05-2006, 10:36 AM
My guess: It's not the Sony. It's your install. The problem with the presets is an installation error, pure and simple.