PDA

View Full Version : Not sure what to buy, Alpine 9855 or Pioneer 9600? Help me.

Stealth Owner
02-01-2006, 10:53 PM
Hello, I'm looking for a new head unit and I think i've narrowed it down to two. The Alpine CDA-9855 and the Pioneer DEH-P9600MP. I know which one is cheaper but money doesn't matter for these two. Could someone help me with my decision. The Alpine looks nice with the many options but I really like the Pioneer's background screensavers and hope the one part comes down revealing the back screen. Also looking for something that I can adjust speakers and subs with. Someone help! Thanks!

spudracer326
02-01-2006, 10:55 PM
I have the alpine and love it. havent really heard anything about the pioneer though so cant really comment on those.

blazer316
02-01-2006, 11:31 PM
I looked at pioneer,alpine,and kenwood and chose alpine.

both are great though imo:)

Ingleside
02-02-2006, 05:30 PM
Also looking for something that I can adjust speakers and subs with. Someone help! Thanks!

Either unit will be more than enough to control your speakers and your bass.
I have a 9855 and haven't completley figured out everything the unit has to offer.

Chevyaudio
02-02-2006, 05:32 PM
I too have a 9855, and love it, cant comment on the pioneer because I havent used it, but I know from past experiences that pioneer makes very very solid equipment.

iceteebone
02-02-2006, 05:33 PM
i would go with a premier 860. that display on the 9600 is known for breaking, and if you get the premier version, you'll get the 3-way xover

954runner
02-02-2006, 05:39 PM
Hello, I'm looking for a new head unit and I think i've narrowed it down to two. The Alpine CDA-9855 and the Pioneer DEH-P9600MP. I know which one is cheaper but money doesn't matter for these two. Could someone help me with my decision. The Alpine looks nice with the many options but I really like the Pioneer's background screensavers and hope the one part comes down revealing the back screen. Also looking for something that I can adjust speakers and subs with. Someone help! Thanks!

not entirely sure if these are the headunits for you then... if you are more interested in screen savers than their actual capabilities.

if you are willing to fork out the dough for a screen saver rather than for the capabilities of these headunits, be my guest.

but personally, i would go with the pioneer

iceteebone
02-02-2006, 05:40 PM
not entirely sure if these are the headunits for you then... if you are more interested in screen savers than their actual capabilities.

if you are willing to fork out the dough for a screen saver rather than for the capabilities of these headunits, be my guest.

but personally, i would go with the pioneer

the pioneer has all the screen savers you could want so he is covered there, but i agree you should go by performance vs. looks

dalucifer
02-03-2006, 01:09 AM
alpine all the way if u have the patience to figure everything