PDA

View Full Version : Don't no whats wrong wit my receiver!!!

civic2004
01-31-2006, 02:57 AM
I got a pair of Klipsch F-3 Synergy flood standing speakers for my dad (family) and they sounded good for like 2 weeks. Then one day I went to listen to them and they sounded all jacked up like the woofers were blown or something. they made a sound i can't describe but when the bass hit even at low volume it sounded HELLA distorted (the best i can describe it. I was like i no i didn't pay that much for it to mess up this fast. So i switched recievers with the one in my sisters room and it sounded GREAT. Whats is wrong with the other one that makes it sound all jacked up? or is it something else im missing.
If you need more info to help let me no and ill provide =)

adio
01-31-2006, 03:00 AM
do you have other speakers you can try with it?? maybe u need a new receiver (wink and again, wink)

civic2004
01-31-2006, 03:14 AM
yeah but nothing compared to the f-3's LOL. i hooked them up to some bookshelf infinitys in my room and they sounded fine but when i hook them up to the f-3's it sounds like $hit but not with the one from my sisters room. Whats wrong with the reciever that makes them sound messed up?

joetama
01-31-2006, 12:04 PM
Check the Ohms on the Infinitys they should read prolly just under 8 Ohms, then check the Ohms on the F-3's make sure something didn’t get crossed. Also check for a low Ohmage short, because it sounds a little like the receiver is driving too much of a load and the finals are being over-driven. Also, what type receiver is it?

civic2004
01-31-2006, 03:49 PM
It is a Technics AV control Stereo receiver SA-AX610 6 Channel Receiver. THIS IS A TECHNICS AX-610 . 100X5 IS THE POWER RATING. CLASS H+. DELAY,CLUB,LIVE,THEATER,SIMULATED,CENTER MODE, PRO-LOGIC DOLBY.VCR 1, TV/VCR2,DVD/DSS,TAPE,CD,TUNER AND PHONO INPUTS.HAS A 6 CH DESCRETE INPUT. UNIT POWERS ON AND DISPLAYS OVERLOAD WARNING.Found a picture of it on ebay if ya wanna see it:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Technics-SA-AX610-home-theater-a-v-receiver_W0QQitemZ5859184891QQcategoryZ14981QQssPa geNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Yeah my infinitys in my room are 8 ohms, 100 watts. The f-3's are also 8 ohms, 150 watts (600 w. peak) I did check the wires. I unhooked everything and re did it and nothing was crossed and it still sounded the same. My sister has a Sony Receiver and it works just fine when i hook them up to the F-3's. Now if i hook up the Technics to the infinitys in my room it sounds fine too. It only sounds funny on the F-3's.

JimJ
01-31-2006, 03:52 PM
Does it sound "funny" with any other amplifier?

joetama
01-31-2006, 03:52 PM
Hmmm, not sure... That is rather strange for sure.

adam71
01-31-2006, 04:21 PM
Don't rule out the possibility that the speakers could be fried.

civic2004
01-31-2006, 04:40 PM
Nope it only sounds funny with the amp thats suposed to be in that room. I tried mine worked perfect, tried my sisters worked perfect. I did think about the speakers being fried cuz thats what it sounds like. But then again it only sounds like that with that one receiver. So im not sure if we should get another one or take the speakers in and see if its that or the receiver. By any chance does speaker cable matter? me not knowing to much about home audio would say no since it worked with another amp UNLESS the technics like bigger wire. IDK.

JimJ
01-31-2006, 04:41 PM
Just swap receivers if that seems to fix the issue...

djman37
01-31-2006, 04:48 PM
Nope it only sounds funny with the amp thats suposed to be in that room. I tried mine worked perfect, tried my sisters worked perfect. I did think about the speakers being fried cuz thats what it sounds like. But then again it only sounds like that with that one receiver. So im not sure if we should get another one or take the speakers in and see if its that or the receiver. By any chance does speaker cable matter? me not knowing to much about home audio would say no since it worked with another amp UNLESS the technics like bigger wire. IDK.

if you swap ROOMS and Speakers, make sure you take the speaker wires. do other speakers sound fine on that same wire, same receiver?

joetama
01-31-2006, 05:15 PM
Is the high end grabbled or just the lows???

civic2004
01-31-2006, 10:59 PM
Is the high end grabbled or just the lows???

Both. They both sound "funny" If i listen to where the tweeter is it sounds all messed up. If i listen to where the woofer is it sound like its blown or something. It makes like a distorting sound.
I would swap receivers but the one thats powering the f-3's is ALOT better one then i have in my room or the one thats in my sisters room. (WELL alot better if it was still working right if its the problem) I just have a basic receiver and so does my sister. 2 channel amps nothing fancy. I think its time for a new one lol. what owuld you guys suggest?