PDA

View Full Version : Remote start glich

BigPimpin18
01-30-2006, 09:02 PM
well today I did the remote start part of my alarm and I got the wires ran. Now it's just got the little gliches. First of all, I went to go remote start it and it fired up than 5 seconds after that it died. This is on a CLifford matrix RSX3.5 in a 1997 Acura 2.2CL. What do I have to do to get this thing going??

HCCAfan
01-31-2006, 09:10 PM
sounds like either it hasnt learned or you dont have the tach hooked up or your accessories arent turning on.

BigPimpin18
02-01-2006, 02:37 PM
I taught the car the tach learning procedure. I have the tach wire hooked up to my aftermarket coil.
For my Heavy gauge wires I have my two RED (+) hooked up, Green starter wire, purple starter wire, and my pink ignition wire. I still have an orange and a pink white left. The Pink white goes to second ignition and the orange goes to an accessory. As far as the smaller gauge wires I just left out the RED/Whte (channel 2 output), the brake shutdown wire, than there was this other connecter that I completely took off because it says it runs optional relays so I took it off, unless I need that for some reason.

Vestax
02-03-2006, 07:29 PM
I know for sure the 1998 honda/acura's have immobilizers, not sure if the 97's have it. Try putting the key in the ignition (don't turn it), then try remote starting it. If it turns over and stays on, then you need to bypass it. Also, you do need to hook up tach, hood pin, and neutral safety switch either by grounding it or wiring it properly for remote start to work.

Justin89T
02-06-2006, 04:47 PM
I know for sure the 1998 honda/acura's have immobilizers, not sure if the 97's have it. Try putting the key in the ignition (don't turn it), then try remote starting it. If it turns over and stays on, then you need to bypass it. Also, you do need to hook up tach, hood pin, and neutral safety switch either by grounding it or wiring it properly for remote start to work.

Imobilizer for the win. Those are the symptoms of a non-bypassed imobilizer.

However, the hood pin doesn't really have to be hooked up in order to work, the tach and neutral safty switch do need to be conencted though :)

Shyne151
02-06-2006, 10:06 PM
Directwire says no immobalizer needed. but it's wrong sometimes.