PDA

View Full Version : new sub for the crib needed........

adio
01-29-2006, 09:24 AM
dear peoples and stuff,

i'm lookin for a sub for HT duty. i just tested the tempest today and it sounds super kick-***, but it might be gettin sold to a lucky person. i'm sellin it cause the box is gonna be too big for my taste. so, i'm lookin for something very similiar to it but the only thing is it needs a smaller enclosure. i know everybody will recommend a dayton dvc 12", but what other choices do i have here?? LMK

joetama
01-29-2006, 09:57 AM
I am a huge fan of the Martin Logan subs. How big is your room and how much money are you willing to spend?

adio
01-29-2006, 02:39 PM
I am a huge fan of the Martin Logan subs. How big is your room and how much money are you willing to spend?
money, not enough for a martin logan, hahahahahahahahahha, sorry.
room size is 13x22 but it opens up into the kitchen also.

joetama
01-29-2006, 10:26 PM
That's a pretty good sized room so you're going to need something with alot of output.

This guy is having pretty good luck with this amp check it out maybe it'll be a winner.

http://www.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=138371

joetama
01-29-2006, 10:27 PM
Nevermind looks like you found it.....

PV Audio
01-29-2006, 10:40 PM
Use one of the 12" Dayton HO RS woofers. Low, loud and clean.

adio
01-30-2006, 04:43 PM
That's a pretty good sized room so you're going to need something with alot of output.

This guy is having pretty good luck with this amp check it out maybe it'll be a winner.

http://www.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=138371
not really, if you saw it. it's not too bad. it's only a 1 bdrm apartment anyway.

adio
01-30-2006, 04:44 PM
Use one of the 12" Dayton HO RS woofers. Low, loud and clean.
dave, and anybody else, how does one know how big an enclosure a sub needs looking at the specs, if thats possible??

joetama
01-30-2006, 04:48 PM
Are you looking for something to supplement the lows or an *** pounder? I like front firing subs because I like tight clean supplemental bass, but if you want the other then down firing are good. Also, if you have carpet make sure it comes with good feet and if you have a hard floor make sure it comes with soft feet. 8" are usually too small. 10" or 12" is usually good and a 15 for home ,unless you really like lows, is a bit big. Sorry I’m not of more help, but I’m not too up to date on the lower end subs. But good luck anyway!!

adio
01-30-2006, 05:02 PM
Are you looking for something to supplement the lows or an *** pounder? I like front firing subs because I like tight clean supplemental bass, but if you want the other then down firing are good. Also, if you have carpet make sure it comes with good feet and if you have a hard floor make sure it comes with soft feet. 8" are usually too small. 10" or 12" is usually good and a 15 for home ,unless you really like lows, is a bit big. Sorry Iím not of more help, but Iím not too up to date on the lower end subs. But good luck anyway!!
:crap:

joetama
01-30-2006, 05:07 PM
Oh common I didnt mean it like that LOL.

adio
01-30-2006, 05:07 PM
Oh common I didnt mean it like that LOL.
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeell, okay:blush:

joetama
01-30-2006, 05:08 PM
Alright no hard feelings, I've already pissed enough people off today i think lol.

PV Audio
01-30-2006, 05:39 PM
dave, and anybody else, how does one know how big an enclosure a sub needs looking at the specs, if thats possible??
You really don't. A good friend of mine just got into DIY work and he built PE's example and let's just say that it is PLENTY loud.

adio
01-30-2006, 06:08 PM
You really don't. A good friend of mine just got into DIY work and he built PE's example and let's just say that it is PLENTY loud.
master, tell us of the PE style. is it as good as shaolin boxing?

PV Audio
01-30-2006, 06:27 PM
NO! EET NO BE AS GOOD! YOU MUST LEARN DE AINCHENT TEKNIQUE OF DE SHAOLIN!

But anyway (enough cheap Kung Fu movies for today), I am selling my Titantic as well. 150 shipped takes it. Two cubes sealed would be ill.