PDA

View Full Version : is there any head units that seperate bass from speakers?

BassRulesCarz
01-28-2006, 02:04 PM
any head units that dont send bass to speakers so u just hear the sub bass? or is there any way to cut out the bass besides bass blockers?

pwnt by pat
01-28-2006, 02:05 PM
Most new HUs have built in crossovers that let you do this.

CRXBMPN
01-28-2006, 02:06 PM
turn the LOW down on your deck? if you have a sub out and use it correctly then you'll get bass from the sub and the speakers can breathe easily.

BassRulesCarz
01-28-2006, 02:11 PM
whats the low down? i dont understand...and do the 05 alpine head units have this feature...i have an old alpine cda-9821

springy101
01-28-2006, 02:16 PM
its called a crossover, and no i dont think your head unit has built in crossovers.

Prowler573
01-28-2006, 02:26 PM
any head units that dont send bass to speakers so u just hear the sub bass? or is there any way to cut out the bass besides bass blockers? There are tons of head units that allow the user to eliminate the lowest octaves from speakers ill-suited to reproduce them. Like others have already posted they're called crossovers and more specific to your question what you're looking for is a high-pass crossover. A high-pass does exactly what it sounds like it does ~ it allows the frequencies above (higher than) whatever cut point you select to pass through while stopping the lower tones from getting to the speakers you're trying to keep them out of. Kenwood makes HUs with built-in crossovers. Alpine does. Pioneer does. Clarion does. JVC does. Eclipse does. Sony does. etc etc so on and so forth....

If you have the manual for your 9821 then have a look through there and it should give you details on crossovers and how to use them if that deck is so equipped (I don't know if it is or not and I'm too lazy to look it up)

If you don't have the manual it is available in Adobe Acrobat Reader (.pdf file) format on Alpine's site.

B_Master_Flash
01-28-2006, 02:30 PM
Your h/u should have some sort of eq on it where you can turn the bass down, which will work. On some older models though, turning the bass down on the eq turns it down on the pre outs too so you may have to ajust the gain on your sub amp accordingly.

Capacitors may be a better option if you have an older deck, they're cheap and effective

BassRulesCarz
01-28-2006, 02:38 PM
ya mine u can turn down the bass somewhat but it doesnt eliminate them greatly on the newer models with builit eq's will those be better to get more sub bass and eliminate speaker bass?

Prowler573
01-28-2006, 02:41 PM
Your h/u should have some sort of eq on it where you can turn the bass down, which will work. On some older models though, turning the bass down on the eq turns it down on the pre outs too so you may have to ajust the gain on your sub amp accordingly.

Capacitors may be a better option if you have an older deck, they're cheap and effective :nono: Cranking the gains won't replace the initial lack of bass in the signal (if the sub bass portion of the source signal is lacking...) being passed to the amplifier(s).

BassRulesCarz
01-28-2006, 02:45 PM
yeah the sub bass is fine its perfect its just that i wish i could turn down the speaker bass.. my head unit doesnt have an eq and the crossover freq is on the lowest and it only has 3 frequencies to change it ..if anyone can look up which alpine head units has the feature im looking for i'd appreciate it

jaygeorge1979
01-28-2006, 03:07 PM
yeah the sub bass is fine its perfect its just that i wish i could turn down the speaker bass.. my head unit doesnt have an eq and the crossover freq is on the lowest and it only has 3 frequencies to change it ..if anyone can look up which alpine head units has the feature im looking for i'd appreciate it

if your crossover freq is set LOW, then it allows more bass freq thru than if you set it on the highest crossover freq setting...try raising it, it should sound better...