PDA

View Full Version : badazzdd = HORRIBLE seller!

MisterGrubbs
01-27-2006, 01:58 PM
Wellllllllll

Remember the guy who sold two 12w6v2's for 250 shipped? I was the jackass who went through with the deal. One of the 12's is in mediocre condition, almost where he described it, and I can live with it. One of the subs is just entirely screwed up. There's a chance it's blown, when you look at the middle of the cone there's about a 2" diameter circle. Great. Cone is scuffed up THE ENTIRE WAY THROUGHOUT. Horrible condition. On top of it, the seller said my item was shipped, I HAD TO CALL HIS MOTHER two weeks later in order for him to send them out. I'm disgusted, and will never do business with him again; I'd advise you likewise. If anyone cares for pictures, I'd love to show you. Let me get the digi. Beware of the dude, he seemed real nice and had some good feedback, aggrivates the tee total hell out of me.

/rage for now

BTW his correct username is badazzDD

Arawak420
01-27-2006, 02:07 PM
know how you feel. i just bought a sunroof assembly for my v-dub and the guy didn't pack it worth a ****. broke it to hell and wont give me any of the $200 i spent on it. not even $100. i sent back to him and then he says he didn't get it. 36 pound package 2-3ftx2-3ft. how could he not get it.

he lieing on vwvortex saying that i broke it, and i've been calling his house threating him and all these lies. what a jerk.

one word: KARMA

jalverson
01-27-2006, 02:38 PM
lets see pics of this crapola

revrider1
01-27-2006, 02:39 PM
:word:

Slammed
01-27-2006, 02:45 PM
werd...if you are so unhappy I might take one off your hands ;)

MisterGrubbs
01-27-2006, 02:52 PM
LOL

Well the one that i KNOW works an that is in decent condition is a christmas present for a friend( a little late, eh? )
and now i gotta build a sealed enclosure in an ext cab Silverado(joy!) lol

I'll take pics when I get home tonight/tomorrow, about to go out on the town and get my liquor supply ready for tonight :-)

revrider1
01-27-2006, 02:59 PM
LOL

Well the one that i KNOW works an that is in decent condition is a christmas present for a friend( a little late, eh? )
and now i gotta build a sealed enclosure in an ext cab Silverado(joy!) lol

I'll take pics when I get home tonight/tomorrow, about to go out on the town and get my liquor supply ready for tonight :-)x2 :handclap:

MisterGrubbs
01-27-2006, 05:01 PM
Pictures, anyone?

After further review, the second one which is in the better condition of the two, also has that little circle looking ring in the middle

WTF is that from?

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a263/MisterGrubbs/Subsandamps010.jpg

Looks like someone took a **** sander to this one

and the second one, better condition, but whats the little circle from? Will it hurt anything or does it show sign of abuse?

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a263/MisterGrubbs/Subsandamps011.jpg

djman37
01-27-2006, 05:01 PM
ABUSE for SURE, that's the pole piece i believe beating on the backside of the dustcap...NOT a good sign.

MisterGrubbs
01-27-2006, 05:03 PM
That's what I figured. I think I'm going to be going to Texas to kick his ***, or I'm going to be getting a little more than what I paid back. This is crap.

I'm a little upset

Couldnt find any liquor either, ****it!

dleccord
01-27-2006, 05:05 PM
well was it sanded or just scratches?

MisterGrubbs
01-27-2006, 05:07 PM
to be quite honest, i'm not sure

it's beat to hell though

if they still work...

Yeah whatever, eff it, i'm pissed

alphakenny1
01-27-2006, 05:08 PM
sorry to hear about it man. hope everything works out.

djman37
01-27-2006, 05:09 PM
I'm no enforcer, but if he lives in the DFW area, gimme a name so's I can 'look out' for him.

MisterGrubbs
01-27-2006, 05:09 PM
Yeah, it's gay :(

I got teh money from my friend to purchase them

Now I gotta pull 250 outta my *** to pay him back(I dont have 250)

MisterGrubbs
01-27-2006, 05:10 PM
DJ, get me on AIM if you will

BigBoyGrubbs

djman37
01-27-2006, 05:18 PM
DJ, get me on AIM if you will

BigBoyGrubbs

sorry, i don't do the AIM thing. you can pm me.

ss3079
01-27-2006, 05:19 PM
Got a link to the original thread so I can read the description he gave?

Those are some ****ed up drivers you got there :(

MisterGrubbs
01-27-2006, 05:20 PM
will do

MisterGrubbs
01-27-2006, 05:20 PM
The original thread ahs been deleted somehow

I cant find it :(

MisterGrubbs
01-27-2006, 05:24 PM
FOUND IT!

http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=132753&highlight=250

Nowhere in there does he mention anything but there is a "1'' tear in the surround"

The repair on them was sloppy too, btw

The picture he had up was of the better one, and neither of his pics showed the circle in the middle of the drivers

ss3079
01-27-2006, 05:24 PM
They both have about 1 inch tears in the surrounds that a local shop repaired for me w/ some type of speaker glue. Work just fine, no problems and still get very loud and sound very tight and accurate!!

Hey guys.. gotta get rid of one more sub.. 1 last jl audio 12w6v2. had a small surround tear, and a local shop used some type of speaker glue..
Works perfectly, still delivers tight and accurate bass.. had in a sealed box w/ 300rms watts for just a couple of months...

Somehow I don't think a 1" tear in the surround is considered "small"

MisterGrubbs
01-27-2006, 05:26 PM
Ss, maybe i'm stupid but what does your post mean? I know he posted about the surrounds, I dont care about the surrounds. I caer about the hellacious scratches and where it looks like the center part of the woofer is going to fall out. lol

flakko
01-27-2006, 05:29 PM
shoulda asked for pix first?

also make the best out of y0ur situation. draw eyes and a mouth on that circle to make a happy face.

ss3079
01-27-2006, 05:30 PM
Ss, maybe i'm stupid but what does your post mean? I know he posted about the surrounds, I dont care about the surrounds. I caer about the hellacious scratches and where it looks like the center part of the woofer is going to fall out. lol

A 1" tear in the surround isn't very small at all.

Those drivers appear to have been nearly raped.

MisterGrubbs
01-27-2006, 05:32 PM
I know the tears in the woofers are not small. But if fixed properly, the ywill have little bearing on it.

The condition and apparent abuse, however, will affect it more directly.

chozen1
01-27-2006, 05:46 PM
i read the thread
2 12w6v2's for $250
thats fishy within itself

MisterGrubbs
01-27-2006, 05:56 PM
I understand it was fishy

My point is that he was very vague and misleading, and that he also assured me NOTHING was wrong with these subs. I've saved all conversations via PM.

PV Audio
01-28-2006, 04:25 PM
Go over to Texas with a 24" clamp and beat him. Seriously.

No really, I'm not joking this time.

johzp
01-28-2006, 05:03 PM
Man, good thing I didnt jump on this.

I still feel for you man. I told you something was fishy, and thats y i didnt jump on it.

Heres the first indication I got from him that made me a bit nervous.

Well, if you want to go ahead and send the money, ill give you the dibs. But I will be leaving next Friday for christams, so If the money isnt here, then it will go to the other (im supposed to meet him on my road trip home) .. So, if you want to send me a POSTAL money order from USPS and send it priority to ensure its here in time, thad be great!!

Adam Burrell
XXXXX XXXXXXX
Houston, Tx XXXX

So he would have me ship "MY MONEY" assuming it will get there the time b4 he leaves?!? WTF! and what if it didn't? I would never hear from him again......

Then I asked him to ship it out first.

so you want me to ship them to you for you to check and see if they work, and then you will either ship them back or send me money? .. No thanks, too much of a chance Ill just be out the shipping amount for you to send them right back.

I know they work just fine, because I have been using them up until a few months ago.

Sorry I didn't tell u this "BEFORE" you bought them, but If I knew you were about to buy it from him I wouldve told you.

Hope everything works out for you though.

GL

MisterGrubbs
01-28-2006, 06:52 PM
All good

Do me a favor though, delete his personal information?

MisterGrubbs
01-28-2006, 06:53 PM
Well good news today too

Both subs work

Although the one that is scuffed up and ugly as hell makes a semi-funky sound, it still works. I had to resort to selling it locally for 100 bucks trying to break even. Not sure if it's going to sell yet though

alphakenny1
01-28-2006, 06:55 PM
thats good to hear. its possible you could sell it for more though. just state the error but say its in working condition. someone will buy it for more i think.

MisterGrubbs
01-29-2006, 08:12 PM
To whomever threatened him, please lighten up.

I talked to him and have dealt with it in a matter that I needed to. I should have sold the beat up one and made some of my cash back, and I"m getting a few more bucks out of my friend to help me make up.

I dont agree with how it happened but it still wasnt a bad deal.

Thanks for all of your concerns.

Ryan

LeX
01-29-2006, 08:29 PM
Oh and he tod Grubbs the subs got 300watts each with light use, then changed his story and said they were used in his competition SPL car... great yeah....

djman37
02-09-2006, 11:07 PM
bump, he's sellin' something else.

SATX210
02-10-2006, 05:17 AM
he said they were srewed up in his add so you are just mad because they were worst than you the pics showed but when i was in houston you didnt even want me to contact the dude because you had to have them. should have let me see them first cuz i would have turned them down and told you guys about it, but live and learn. good day.