PDA

View Full Version : which new HU?

brocken
01-25-2006, 12:03 AM
I'm going nutz trying to figure out which new head unit I want.
I currently have an Alpine 9853 and I'm tired of the glide touch. I got the unit primarily so I could use my iPod and it's cumbersome going through my albums. Plus, I'm just not impressed overall.

I'm trying to decide which of the new Head units to get. I'd like to stay around $300(unauthorized is fine). My requirements are good sq, adjustability(eq,xover) and great iPod interface.
I realize not all are out yet but i was wondering if anybody has had a chance to play with the new units. I can pick one based on specs but I have no idea how well the ipod interfaces work. Basically, I want a unit that scrolls through albums as well as the click wheel. I want a unit with a dial where you can spin it and it skips fast through albums/artist if you want.
The brands I'm looking at are Eclipse, Pioneer and Kenwood(not sure if other brands have ipod interface).
Can anybody provide feedback on ease of use and ipod functionality? I know it might seem a silly reason to pick a HU but the way I look at it is they all have similar specs so why not get the easiest to use.

Thanks!

937DYTBOI
01-25-2006, 12:05 AM
Get one of the new Eclipse HU's cant nuthin touch it and u wont be dissapointed, eclipse hands down the best imoa

937DYTBOI
01-25-2006, 12:06 AM
Well the pioneers will help you skip through real easy on your sounds especially on MP3 cd's not for sure on the eclipse though

MBrock4u
01-25-2006, 06:28 AM
Check out the Kenwood excelon line. I don't think you will be dissapointed. :)

stones
01-25-2006, 06:33 AM
Check out the Kenwood excelon line. I don't think you will be dissapointed. :)
The non-Excelon stuff is nice too and worth consideration.;)

Prowler573
01-25-2006, 07:36 AM
The non-eXcelon stuff is nice too and worth consideration.;)
Tough to beat the twice-as-long-warranty on the eXcelons, though ;)

Ignatowski
01-25-2006, 07:59 AM
Excelon IMO is the best stuff out there as of today I own 2 after many comparisons side by side with other brands......
You get alot more for your money and better SQ than most HU's
better processing and better warrentys.......
The only down side is the instructions that come with an excelon were written
by someone whos from another country and are awful to figure out

brocken
01-25-2006, 11:00 AM
I've used excelon before and I really liked it. The units out so far don't have much in the way of EQ though. Only like 3 bands of parametric, whereas the alpine i have now is 5.
Has anybody played with the ipod interface on the new Kenwoods? I'm trying to find out if it's better than the interface on my alpine.