PDA

View Full Version : My Kenwood XXV-01d...

EvilSquid
01-24-2006, 08:56 PM
I too just installed a Kenwood XXV-01D HU this past weekend.. and my my... I must say Im thoroughly happy with it... lots of menus... lots of stuff... I can even put
my own wallpaper on it! (hence the Mustang pony =D )

This was my first time to install anything like this, so Im mighty happy how it turned out... cant wait to upgrade the rest of my system to be on par with the HU...

btw, sorry for the crappy photo.. I took it after the sun went down.. Im gonna try and get a better photo soon..

anyway.. thanks to all that answered questions... Im very pleased.

Prowler573
01-24-2006, 09:13 PM
Enjoy it, Squid. I love the heck outta mine.

How did you import that graphic into the program to do the custom wallpapers and all? Every time I tried (and I tried with .jpgs and .bmps both) it kept telling me invalid file - not recognized or some such silliness.

EvilSquid
01-24-2006, 09:20 PM
Enjoy it, Squid. I love the heck outta mine.

How did you import that graphic into the program to do the custom wallpapers and all? Every time I tried (and I tried with .jpgs and .bmps both) it kept telling me invalid file - not recognized or some such silliness.

go here, http://www.kenwood.net-disp.com/05products/selecttop/05/xxv_01d/index.html

Download Picture Engine... put your graphic on the workspace by selecting Paste File from the Edit menu... navigate to your JPG or BMP and select it... When you are ready there is a command on the File menu called Create KBM File... save the KBM file somwhere to your harddrive... then burn that KBM file to the root of a CDR... pop in the CD... Go to Standby mode... go to the menu by pressing that little button (i forget what its called) and select the Download option.. it should be able to find it.. but the file has to be in their proprietary KBM format.

if its not recognizing the BMP/JPG when you are pasting it to the workspace, then the file might be wierded out.. I saved mine from Photoshop... if that helps

Prowler573
01-24-2006, 09:33 PM
I already had the Picture Engine downloaded - it was just giving me static - but using the 'Paste File' worked and thank you very much!

2 points for you :thumbsup: