PDA

View Full Version : Am I missing something?

Mynameismcgyver
01-23-2006, 01:25 PM
Ive been frustrated with performance of my subs output ever since I got my Pioneer Rev's. Ive had to turn the bass down -5 (Alpine Cda-9827) because thats where it sounded good but I never noticed that the Bass controls my sub! Which doesnt make sense because I have a Sub controller in the HU which is at 15. I have the Sub option on..... If I turn the bass up to 5 the 6x9's dont sound right..
What the hell am I missing? Im wondering if its the wiring setup on the back of the HU is wrong ever since i got the 2nd amp???

saywhat?
01-23-2006, 02:08 PM
prolly your amp gain.

saywhat?
01-23-2006, 02:09 PM
prolly your amp gain.

to go in detail......it sounds like you didnt even touch your amp gain, needing to turn your HU to 15 to get any bass is unheard of to me. try tuning your amp, and lowering the sub level, that should kind of mix everything together correctly.

Mynameismcgyver
01-23-2006, 02:13 PM
I set the gains correct theres no problem there. Ive always had to have the SUb on 15 on the HU. Why does the BASS control level control my sub? Thats where im getting at.

slain93gsr
01-23-2006, 04:17 PM
When you cut bass freq. esp low notes that a sub play it will do just that. its only doing what its told to do.

the sub level doesnt dictate what freq. the sub plays

saywhat?
01-23-2006, 04:19 PM
can u cross over the substage stage differently on the head unit, so where as it only passes 80hz and above through the "bass" control?

Mynameismcgyver
01-23-2006, 04:25 PM
What do you mean by that? Hit me up on aim if you want MyNameIsMcgyver

Mynameismcgyver
01-23-2006, 04:46 PM
Well. I decided to try something so on the Amp for the Rear speakers i put the HPF on it. That solved my problem although I think it sounded a little bit better with it off. Theres some other settings on it like Low Boost and crap like that but I dont know how to mess around with those.