PDA

View Full Version : Kicker's speaker q's..

KnOkIn It 420
01-22-2006, 04:34 PM
I am now lookin to get the rest of my system finished,I figured I have kicker subs so I should get kicker speakers aswell,I am lookin at the KS line up,how are they,do they preform well?Anything with the same price that might have an edge on them?Is power off the h/u enough?(Lets say the 6.5" Ks speakers) Or should I put an amp on them.Thanks for any input

lifted95blaze
01-22-2006, 07:01 PM
one of my friends has a set of ks6.2 components wired to a kicker amp, the midbass is kinda nasty soundin when it gets cranked up and it aint all that clear, but thats just my opinion.....

lastcall
01-22-2006, 07:04 PM
i have a amp on all 4 of mine.. look at my sig

Prowler573
01-22-2006, 07:06 PM
I am now lookin to get the rest of my system finished,I figured I have kicker subs so I should get kicker speakers aswell,I am lookin at the KS line up,how are they,do they preform well?Anything with the same price that might have an edge on them?Is power off the h/u enough?(Lets say the 6.5" Ks speakers) Or should I put an amp on them.Thanks for any input
Generally an amped speaker will sound considerably better than that same speaker being driven with HU power.

Regardless of what ratings are given by the HU manufacturer the best you'll get out of almost any head unit before clipping is somewhere in the neighborhood of 15~18 watts per channel.