PDA

View Full Version : 95+ cavy/sunfire front speaker installs

406er
01-22-2006, 04:30 PM
im wondering if any of u guys have installed 6.5 comp set in your doors and have some pics to go with it. did u do door pods or just put the speaker in the door and put the door skin over it??

Tedro
01-22-2006, 05:55 PM
im wondering if any of u guys have installed 6.5 comp set in your doors and have some pics to go with it. did u do door pods or just put the speaker in the door and put the door skin over it??

well at first I made a spacer that was made out of 20mm MDF to bring the mid out of the door a little but still be behind the door pannel because the door is really shallow. Then later on I made fiberglass door pods to hold the mids in which was not that hard. I would start with a spacer and then see if the speakers fit at least.

That is all

406er
01-22-2006, 08:53 PM
thanks for the reply. ill probably end up with some adapter plates from http://www.mjmautoinnovations.com/
there only $15 so i cant go wrong. i might not do door pods. maybe just leave the stock "grill" on the door panel. im sorta goin for a stelth type system. im gonna glass a ported box for my 10" sub so its outta the way as well