PDA

View Full Version : Retarded question but need to know!

digital mint
01-22-2006, 02:44 AM
If i sell my HU, am i suppose to give the harnest with it? My new deck will be differente brand. Does it matter? I just want to know so i don't get crap from whoever i sell it to.

VOA_NIGHTMARE
01-22-2006, 02:45 AM
yes give them the harness to the head unit but keep the harness to your car.

I will be almost anyone on here tells you this as well, you sell it like you bought it. It came with the harness it leaves with the harness

digital mint
01-22-2006, 02:50 AM
Thanks, I got it installed at a shop. don't really know "What came with it" So we're talking about the metal casing around the deck?

christiankills
01-22-2006, 10:23 AM
the harness is the wiring that connects to the back of your player.

one will connect to your car, which is wired to another harness that connects to your cd player.

Prowler573
01-22-2006, 11:32 AM
Thanks, I got it installed at a shop. don't really know "What came with it" So we're talking about the metal casing around the deck?
If by the 'metal casing' you mean the mounting sleeve that holds it in the dash, then yes - you need to provide that to the new owner when/if you sell your old head unit as well.

Here's what needs to go with the stereo when you sell it:
(remember this is a gneralized list and some items may not specifically apply to your unit)
1) The head unit itself - main chassis
2) The wiring harness that attaches to the rear of the deck's chassis
3)The mounting sleeve, or cage, that the deck lives in while mounted in the dash
4) Faceplate and faceplate case (if applicable)
5) Remote control (if factory-suplied with one)
6) The unit's original box and all manufacturer's paperwork that came with it when new (if you were given any of this when you had the unit installed)
7) Any and all accessories that were supplied with the unit from the manufacturer that isn't covered in the preceding list.

Generally - when you go to sell a used car stereo the new buyer will want as much (if not all) that the radio came with when it was originally purchased new. For example: If someone were to buy (I can only hope!) the stereo I recently retired in favor of my new one they would receive every item that the unit came with when I bought it brand new - including all paperwork, mounting screws, etc etc so on and so forth that was in the box when I bought it originally.

It isn't absolutely imperative that everything it came with new be supplied to he new owner but it'll certainly help it sell! Things like the factory-supplied screws for ISO-DIN mounting that unless you have a Toyota or a Nissan you won't need - but I have 'em if ya want 'em! Things like that...

Just use common sense and you'll be fine :)