PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse 5495/5435

saywhat?
01-20-2006, 10:12 PM
first question, is it two different units, or one? looks like one to meon the site, maybe slight differences.

number two...is it worth the (i think) 1200 dollars local to get it? is it something that is within reason user friendly. should i jsut go with something else? im looking for something with a good EQ (i guess i could go external, but dont really wanna) and a pause button (lol i know small request but my current doesnt have one). I'm just looking for an all around bad *** head unit. Flip screens dont really do me well, i think they are obnoxious to be completely honest. this is sorta like my.....perfect remedy to have everything that a flip screen has.

forbidden
01-21-2006, 01:37 PM
They are two separate units built around the same core parts. The AV5495 has a built in 30 gig hard drive and a multi bit d/a convertor, the other has sat radio funtions + a 1 bit d/a convertor. Both are the same for overall operation, tonal response etc, laser transport, tuner, amplifier, preamp etc. They are both a darn good head unit. In all of my years in retail, I have not seen a better combination that does anywhere near a good a job as these units do.

MegaHurtz
01-21-2006, 03:45 PM
what's a cd5495, never seen or heard of one

forbidden
01-21-2006, 04:25 PM
AV5495 not CD5495, a double din nav unit.

saywhat?
01-21-2006, 05:04 PM
well i dont know if im going to do it now. think i may just get my volkswagon running and all that good ****.