PDA

View Full Version : Need help choosing 6.5 comps! DLS, ID, DynA?

zakh
01-20-2006, 04:36 PM
Hi guys,

Been browsing for quite a while now but i have decided to register and post my first post!

I would love some advice or recommendations regarding a set of 6.5 comp speakers i'd like to buy.

Im thinking about the following:

- DLS UP6
- Image Dynamics CXS62/64
- Diamond HEX S600s
- DynAudio 240 GT from ecarhifi for $439 shipped

I was originally looking into the JL XR range, but have not heard that great things about them.

My budget is $440 MAX.

Im looking a for a great overall sound. Am i overlooking any other brands?

Id appreciate any guidance. Thanks in advance.

Zak

FoxPro5
01-20-2006, 05:15 PM
Hi guys,

Been browsing for quite a while now but i have decided to register and post my first post!

I would love some advice or recommendations regarding a set of 6.5 comp speakers i'd like to buy.

- DLS UP6
- Diamond HEX S600s

I was originally looking into the JL XR range, but have not heard that great things about them.

My budget is $440 MAX.

Zak

Right on your budget Zak: http://www.mobilesq.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=30

alphakenny1
01-20-2006, 05:17 PM
^ Haha, fox on the seas lotus again. but yea if you purchase from that site right now you can take an extra 10% off.

zakh
01-20-2006, 05:19 PM
Hi FoxPro,

I have never heard of this brand, how does it compare to the others that i have mentioned?

Thanks

Zak

FoxPro5
01-20-2006, 05:30 PM
Hi FoxPro,

I have never heard of this brand, how does it compare to the others that i have mentioned?

Thanks

Zak

Well to tell you the truth my friend I am on a mission....to create consumer consciousness about all that is Seas. In my own need to satisfy my ego, I post the recommendation on the Perfomance set at least every other day on this forum and will continue to do so until someone takes advantage of this incredible deal. Do search on that brand and make the call for yourself.

And it's not funny kenny, I WILL succeed:laugh:

zakh
01-20-2006, 05:34 PM
looks like your on a one man mission!!!
I see from your sig that your not using seas gear, why would that be if you recommend them so highly!??
whats so good about them...
id like a subjective opinion, not a biased one! :)

alphakenny1
01-20-2006, 05:36 PM
Well zakh i haven't heard the complete set of the performance but i heard the set above the performance set, the reference set, and it sounded awesome. go to elitecaraudio.com and i believe a couple of people have done a review on the performance set. the company seas is a very reputable company and huge in the home audio industry. Also just wait and i'm sure GSTeg will chime in on the seas lotus stuff. he's used it plenty of times. if you doesn't come in this thread, pm him.

fox, i've got 1 person that already took my recommendation of the seas lotus reference set ;) . Up one on you :D.

Towncar
01-20-2006, 06:07 PM
Dyna!!

zakh
01-20-2006, 06:54 PM
hi alpha, so why are the seas good? i have heard nothing about this company???
do they need a lot of tweaking...
what about dls or image dynamics???
just need a heads up before i splash out the cash!!!

alphakenny1
01-20-2006, 08:34 PM
well i heard the reference set like i said, not the performance but the reference set was very detailed and smoothe. the midrange on the reference set is absolutely awesome and the midbass is definately there. the tweets were just amazing. didn't get harsh at high volumes at all. it was very detailed. i didn't notice any major flaws in the set.

try pm'ing GSTeg and some guy named chadillac3. they both heard the performance and i believe chaillac3 owned the performance set for a couple of years from what i've read. pm them and ask for details. i just heard the set for a good half hour though and these guys owned seas lotus for a good period of time. but i was very impressed in the half hour i was in that car.

zakh
01-20-2006, 08:37 PM
what about the dynaudio?
www.ecarhifi.com has them for $440 shipped...is that price too good to be true?

how would these compare with the seas?

thanks!

Mr. Opportunist
01-20-2006, 08:39 PM
Hi guys,

- DLS UP6
- Diamond HEX S600s

My budget is $440 MAX.

Zak
i would say go with the Image Dyanmics but they are currently sold out for a month or more...

FoxPro5
01-20-2006, 09:31 PM
fox, i've got 1 person that already took my recommendation of the seas lotus reference set ;) . Up one on you :D.

BS show me the receipt you bastard:mad: :D

For $440 I would go with the Dyns faster the Paris Hilton goes down on a meat stick:yumyum: I fact, I'm going to that site to check em out myself right now!

But seriously, I would really be worth it to check out that Performance set...not everday you get a 10% discount on a top of the line product like that...ever seen a discount on a Bentley:uhoh:

zakh
01-20-2006, 09:36 PM
Hi foxpro is that website kosher! i mean is it genuine? let me know of your findings!
many thanks...
also there is no mention of delivery times and can we be sure its genuine dynaudio gear?
also where is the 10% discount on the lotus? cant see it on their website...
much thanks!

GSteg
01-20-2006, 09:39 PM
- DLS UP6
- Diamond HEX S600s

It depends what you like. If you like warm sounding speakers, get the DLS. If you like neutrality, get the Dynaudio.

DLS and Dynaudio are on top of the list If i had to choose from your list.

The Image Dynamics sounded a bit congested when I heard them (in most install). They aren't bad at all, just not as clear as I would like, but that's just me. :D

GSteg
01-20-2006, 09:42 PM
also where is the 10% discount on the lotus? cant see it on their website...
much thanks!

www.mobilesq.com

It's on their homepage.

FoxPro5
01-20-2006, 09:44 PM
Hi foxpro is that website kosher! Good question?!
i mean is it genuine? Never heard of it before so I can't say.
let me know of your findings! I found some Dyns for some **** good prices...just like you:)
many thanks...
also there is no mention of delivery times and can we be sure its genuine dynaudio gear? NO!
also where is the 10% discount on the lotus? cant see it on their website... www.mobilesq.com (http://www.mobilesq.com) middle of page in red letters - can't miss it!
much thanks! You're welcome!

alphakenny1
01-20-2006, 09:46 PM
BS show me the receipt you bastard:mad: :D

http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129043. first page i make recommendation and convince him along with GSTeg :D .

Here's confirmation that he's getting them. i ask him what he's getting and his response. http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=135289&page=3. :p:

FoxPro5
01-20-2006, 09:59 PM
http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129043. first page i make recommendation and convince him along with GSTeg :D .

Here's confirmation that he's getting them. i ask him what he's getting and his response. http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=135289&page=3. :p:

FOK!! Well I took a little hit there to me self-worth kenny, but I will not give up...................never!!!

AK=1
FP5=0:(

Common Zak I need you buddy, lets do this!

alphakenny1
01-21-2006, 12:46 AM
FOK!! Well I took a little hit there to me self-worth kenny, but I will not give up...................never!!!

AK=1
FP5=0:(

Common Zak I need you buddy, lets do this!

hahha. if he gets performance i'd still be up on you, i got someone to buy the reference set :D .

GSteg
01-21-2006, 12:56 AM
can i play this game too ?:emb:

FoxPro5
01-21-2006, 01:12 AM
can i play this game too ?:emb:

It all started with my obsessant need to live vicariously through others by getting them to buy high end equipment that I want, but cannot afford. The Performance set is one such item, both because it can get the job done very nicely and because it is only 90% of it's everday price. I just get sick of the "best component recommendation" threads...so I figured I would begin my mission to end all such posts with a prepackaged Seas recommendation that is quick, easy and effective:furious:

So far, kenny has been successful at closing one Reference recommendation...little ****....only playin kenny;)

So, what's your record GSteg?

alphakenny1
01-21-2006, 01:32 AM
It all started with my obsessant need to live vicariously through others by getting them to buy high end equipment that I want, but cannot afford. The Performance set is one such item, both because it can get the job done very nicely and because it is only 90% of it's everday price. I just get sick of the "best component recommendation" threads...so I figured I would begin my mission to end all such posts with a prepackaged Seas recommendation that is quick, easy and effective:furious:

So far, kenny has been successful at closing one Reference recommendation...little ****....only playin kenny;)

So, what's your record GSteg?

components you can't afford? you have the vandium line, dls a5, mb quart raa4200 and a zapco c2k amp along with an eclipse HU and can't afford the performance set? :confused:

FoxPro5
01-21-2006, 01:42 AM
components you can't afford? you have the vandium line, dls a5, mb quart raa4200 and a zapco c2k amp along with an eclipse HU and can't afford the performance set? :confused:

Can, ya probably, but I love my Rainbows too much for the time being. And when you are a savvy shopper like me, you can run that set up for around $1500 (excluding wire, box, etc):naughty:

zakh
01-21-2006, 12:45 PM
i think im going to go for the dyns...hey foxpro have you found any other websites that sell these?

also in terms of a HU what do you guys think of the jvc kd-avx1?

thanks

FoxPro5
01-21-2006, 01:05 PM
i think im going to go for the dyns...hey foxpro have you found any other websites that sell these?

also in terms of a HU what do you guys think of the jvc kd-avx1?

thanks

You do realize that the company selling the Dyn's is in Singapore, right:eyebrow:

[Where are we ? Strategic Location ! Singapore - free and busy port ensures economical and prompt delivery anywhere in the world. We are even more strategically located in Singapore - 53 Ubi Avenue 1 #03-03 Paya Ubi Industrial Park where consumers living in Singapore can reach us from major expressway.]

As far as other internet sites, not really sure...maybe woofersetc.com.

I would feel A LOT more comfortable buying from the guys at mobilesq.com than some company in Sinapore of all places....:eyebrow: Not to mention that the Seas would come with a warranty, at least I'm pretty sure they would. Too much risk on the Dyns for me.

GSteg
01-21-2006, 01:27 PM
whoa. You're from london. I didn't realize that. :(

audiolife
01-21-2006, 01:48 PM
i would do the id set up especially if you have an eq (pretty easy to broaden them with a 30 band) to me they are alot more dynamic than either the dls or dyns. when done right they have alot of energy which to me makes you forget you are listening to speakers.

Mir
01-24-2006, 12:28 AM
I heard the DLS and S600s of Diamond....

the HEX´s sound better than DLS , they have a lot of power, lound and very very clean sound...

the DLS have a natural sound, but the mids are "extinguished" ... but with some tweaks, they sound better....

I never heard anything about Dyns (in car audio, in home its excelent) and ID

FE3T
01-24-2006, 12:07 PM
Seas have been producing loudspeakers since the middle 1920`s. so they arent exactly a newcomer in the business. they are also located in Norway, less than 300km away from where i am located.

I dont have any experience with ID, but a lot of good things have been said about them.

DLS UP series are supposely good, but personally i would go with the UR serie instead (or buy the orginal Morel stuff) :yumyum:

Dynaudio are well known for high end gear and would probably be a good (but maybe pricey) choice