PDA

View Full Version : KENWOOD NEW XXV-01D Background color

makdaddy
01-20-2006, 10:58 AM
I can find text color, but not background?
The lights around the knobs are BLUE. I would like to change them to RED.

Am I Screwd:crap: :crap:

Prowler573
01-20-2006, 11:14 AM
I assume that this HU you just bought came with an owner's/installation manual? It tells you in there exactly how to do it.........

In 'Standby' mode press and hold the "Menu" button (the one immedaitely to the right of the volume) until it brings up a multiple-option menu. Within that resultant menu will be a choice for Buttons: Red or Buttons: Green.

Pick which one you want. Then hit the menu key again to return to standby mode.

You cannot change the background color - the background is whatever color the background of the graphic which is currently displaying, whether it be a default image or one you uploaded yourself.

makdaddy
01-20-2006, 11:18 AM
Thanks Prowler

I must have missed that in the owners book. I will take a look at it before I go to work tonight

Prowler573
01-20-2006, 11:23 AM
It's on Page 46, second column, bottom of the page.

makdaddy
01-20-2006, 11:28 AM
It's on Page 46, second column, bottom of the page.

Prowler You the Man:)

Thanks for all of your help. I really like this unit so far. I have a lot to learn about it.

Greg

makdaddy
01-20-2006, 05:37 PM
I assume that this HU you just bought came with an owner's/installation manual? It tells you in there exactly how to do it.........

In 'Standby' mode press and hold the "Menu" button (the one immedaitely to the right of the volume) until it brings up a multiple-option menu. Within that resultant menu will be a choice for Buttons: Red or Buttons: Green.

Pick which one you want. Then hit the menu key again to return to standby mode.

You cannot change the background color - the background is whatever color the background of the graphic which is currently displaying, whether it be a default image or one you uploaded yourself.

Prowler,
This only changes the color of the buttons, I need to change the color around the knobs from blue to red???

squeak12
01-20-2006, 05:41 PM
Is the menu and other screens similar in operation to the other Kenwood eXcelon HUs? Im considering getting one of these and want to know if I have to learn a new HU.

heyman421
01-20-2006, 06:10 PM
I haven't heard/read/seen anywhere that you can change the color, only the color on the keys.

Hey squeak 12, i had an excellon 979 before i bought the 01d, and just by reading through the manual, i can tell it's going to be a completely different animal menu wise. Lots and lots of toys to play with, tho.

Prowler573
01-21-2006, 01:29 AM
Prowler,
This only changes the color of the buttons, I need to change the color around the knobs from blue to red???

All that you can change is the button color. The blue halos around the knobs is static - can't be changed, unfortunately.

Hey squeak 12, i had an excellon 979 before i bought the 01d, and just by reading through the manual, i can tell it's going to be a completely different animal menu wise. Lots and lots of toys to play with, tho.
I have no direct experience with the 979 but I would assume the menu system is akin to other eXcelon units from the same year (I had a KDC-X679 before the XXV-01D). The menu system itself seems (to me) to navigate pretty much the same as previous years' units but accessing those menus is a bit different.

makdaddy
01-21-2006, 02:20 AM
Bummer

I would have liked to changed the color to red. But I still Love this HU.
It Sounds AWSOME

squeak12
01-21-2006, 08:11 PM
Thanks prowler, actually currently I have a 679 too.

Prowler573
01-21-2006, 08:41 PM
Thanks prowler, actually currently I have a 679 too.

I still have my 679 as well (since seemingly no one wants to buy it :crap: ) and I have no beefs with it at all. It's a solid HU with all the features that the majority of end users would ever need ~ the XXV-01D is just, well, better :)