PDA

View Full Version : Will getting the new kenwood xxv-01d improve my sq?

JL_user99
01-19-2006, 10:20 PM
Hi im kinda new to these boards.

Well anyway, for 3 years now i've been running the alpine cda-9813 cd player in my car and have upgraded my subs and speakers since i started driving.

My system currently consists of :

JL Audio 12w6v2
JL Audio 500/1
Polk Momo MMC6500 in the fronts
Polk Momo MMC650 in the rear
Kicker kx350.4 for the speakers
Alpine Cda-9813

I have bid on ebay and won the xxv-01d for 350 shipped brand new and was wondering if my overall system sq will improve once i install it?

And also is the tuning on the kenwood deck easier/better than my old alpine HU?

Thanks

DiamondFanatic
01-20-2006, 02:02 AM
Yes it should offer you an improvement over your 9813. It has higher voltage outputs, and the tuning options are quite easy to use on the XXV-01D. Great sounding and looking deck, plus you get the ability to add on all the fun new stuff like iPod interfaces and so one if you are interested. I would say that it is a worthwhile upgrade.

slain93gsr
01-20-2006, 02:47 PM
i loved the 9813 for the fact i could run a active set up with it. the xxv-01d is a nice unit you'll like it

camflan
01-21-2006, 08:13 PM
the new kenwoods sound MUCH better than the alpines. I have gone through just about every flagship headunit from denon, alpine, eclipse, pioneer, clarion, and kenwood. the only headunit that sounds better was the denon.

the kenwood uses 4 24bit burr brown DACs, where the alpines use a single 1 bit DAC. the kenwoods sound much more clear and full.

all in all. yes, it will sound 10x better :)

adam71
01-21-2006, 08:46 PM
the new kenwoods sound MUCH better than the alpines. I have gone through just about every flagship headunit from denon, alpine, eclipse, pioneer, clarion, and kenwood. the only headunit that sounds better was the denon.

the kenwood uses 4 24bit burr brown DACs, where the alpines use a single 1 bit DAC. the kenwoods sound much more clear and full.

Which models were all these flagships?? Just curious is all.:)

Echo42987
01-21-2006, 09:24 PM

Wow Denons Car audio is only sold in Japan and to get it shipped here....wow....

There flagship retails for over $2000

That must of been one nice headunit! :eek:

Echo42987
01-21-2006, 09:26 PM

Wow Denons Car audio is only sold in Japan and to get it shipped here....wow....

There flagship retails for over $2000

That must of been one nice headunit! :eek:

That HU is amazing, the functions you'll be able to do with it is just incredible! You'll enjoy it and yeah you'll hear the improvement. You should be more power running to those Polks though!!!!