PDA

View Full Version : hu or rcas????

pcolasfinest
01-19-2006, 09:55 PM
i have a problem and i really don't know what it is....when i am driving and i hit a bump, three out of my 4 front speakers go out....now when that happens sometimes the bass in my subs goes really soft, but when i move the headunit it goes back the way it was:uhoh: , i know the rca's are put in secure to the back of my deck which is a kenwood dpx-930wmp imported from japan, so really don' t know why this is happening....i tried to install a panasonic headunit in my car and that deck did not do what this deck is doing...any info would be great.

MisterGrubbs
01-19-2006, 09:57 PM
More than likely(could be wrong) it's yoru preouts on your deck

Once again, I'm probably wrong

But I had it happen with a friend of mine recently, everytime he even touched the deck, **** subs cut out, and it was his inputs on the cd lpayer

pcolasfinest
01-19-2006, 09:59 PM
so basically u are telling me that the deck is fawked:( ???? could it also be a pinched rca somewhere???

MisterGrubbs
01-19-2006, 10:02 PM
It could be

RCA's arent expensive.

Replace them with a better set, that's always a good idea anyways. Make sure they're secured well and not pinched(with the new set)

If it still happens, HU all the way

The reason the HU sticks out in my mind is because you said when you replaced the unit, it didnt happen. That tells me something is funkafied with it.

pcolasfinest
01-19-2006, 10:05 PM
yes that is what i thought also.....when i tried to install the other one it didn't happen, but when i hooked up the subs to the preouts it made a weird sound and i couldn't figure it out so i just reinstalled this one, guess i'll have to install the other one and the kenwood will be seeing ebay i guess.....good headunit too, to bad can't read japanesse

danteBirosel
01-19-2006, 10:06 PM
Check your speaker wires, to make sure they are attached well.

For the RCAs either replace them or do some close inspection to see if there is anything wrong with them. I usually place a strip of electric tape around the RCAs to secure them from falling off.

And what MisterGrubbs said, there is a slight possibility it might be your preouts.

Love,
Dante

pcolasfinest
01-19-2006, 10:11 PM
well i'm thinking more towards the preouts because it didn't do it when i hooked up the panasonic cd player i have....if it did then i could see it being the rca's but it didn't do it, guess i'll have to go to a shop to have them install the panasonic since when i tried it didn't go so well

pcolasfinest
01-20-2006, 01:27 AM
but why would all but one of my front speakers go out though....thats what i don't get.....