PDA

View Full Version : seas reference

brocken
01-19-2006, 01:17 AM
Is there a dealer on the forums that sells Seas?
In my quest to get new speakers I'm exhausting every angle before ordering. I'm down to a couple rainbow choices, DLS, Dynaudio and Seas.

thanks

alphakenny1
01-19-2006, 01:30 AM
no there isn't a dealer of these speakers on THIS forum. the best and most reliable place is to buy at http://www.mobilesq.com/store/. i've talk to a guy who works/runs the site and he is very knowledgeable.

GSteg
01-19-2006, 02:43 AM
Mobilesq still has the 10% discount if you're interested. Not a bad deal at all.

alphakenny1
01-19-2006, 02:46 AM
Mobilesq still has the 10% discount if you're interested. Not a bad deal at all.

of course GSTeg is all over the a thread that has "Seas Reference" on it :laugh: . too bad that discount is only for the complete set :crying: , or i would bought the seas performance mids

GSteg
01-19-2006, 02:52 AM
What can I say. I'm a fan of their products, especially their home audio. Most other midrange sounds unclear to me after hearing a properly set up Lotus system. :( If my friend didn't want my mids, I would have sold it to you for cheap ($80 shipped for a pair). Too bad he wont give it back lol.

Eugenics
01-19-2006, 02:52 AM
can always check out madisound.com if you want individual drivers, ology has a discount that hes willing to share iirc

alphakenny1
01-19-2006, 03:00 AM
What can I say. I'm a fan of their products, especially their home audio. Most other midrange sounds unclear to me after hearing a properly set up Lotus system. :( If my friend didn't want my mids, I would have sold it to you for cheap ($80 shipped for a pair). Too bad he wont give it back lol.

i'll buy it!! convince him please. money or no money for you, that is the question. i think you want money!! then i could buy your friends refs tweets and that would be awesome.

GSteg
01-19-2006, 03:08 AM
Oh. This friend of mine is a different dude. lol. About the lotus tweeters. I'll go ask my other buddy. He's been busy lately and whenever I call him, it's a bad time. lol. I'll get on it!

alphakenny1
01-19-2006, 03:09 AM
ygpm

brocken
01-19-2006, 09:55 AM
thanks for the info. I did see that mobilesq site, just wasn't sure if they were good or not. I think I'd pick up the reference component set. The higher end ones would be nice but more than I want to spend.
One thing I'm confused on, is that set 4 ohm or 8 ohm? I was reading that a lot of the Seas drivers are 8 ohm but no mention of the component sets.

brocken
01-19-2006, 10:00 AM
correction, the ones I'm looking at is the performance range. The reference set it the more expensive.

Does anybody know how the performance componet set would stack up to Rainbow(slc or pro) as far as midrange/midbass?

squeak9798
01-19-2006, 10:01 AM
I did see that mobilesq site, just wasn't sure if they were good or not.

They are good.

The people that own the site are Dual700 and Dingaling from ECA.

One thing I'm confused on, is that set 4 ohm or 8 ohm? I was reading that a lot of the Seas drivers are 8 ohm but no mention of the component sets.

By checking out the raw drivers, it appears the mids are 4ohm and the tweets are 6ohm, so they'd be considered a "4ohm" set.

Johnny Drama
01-19-2006, 10:02 AM
thanks for the info. I did see that mobilesq site, just wasn't sure if they were good or not. I think I'd pick up the reference component set. The higher end ones would be nice but more than I want to spend.

The lotus are 4ohm. I bought mine from mobile SQ. Try the diy forums. I have seen them post on that forum.

brocken
01-19-2006, 10:45 AM
Awesome, thanks guys.

alphakenny1
01-19-2006, 02:20 PM
also excellent choice of speakers. tell us when you get them and what you think of them.

also did you buy these already? some guy at eca is selling the entire set for a pretty good price, http://forum.elitecaraudio.com/showthread.php?threadid=124882&pagenumber=1.

brocken
01-19-2006, 02:59 PM
Those would be nice! I realized that I was looking at the performance set though which is under $500. If I had $600 to spend I'd pick those reference up from that guy.