PDA

View Full Version : JL Audio ZR's-Look at these beauties!

DJDanWeaver
01-18-2006, 05:46 PM
I'm excited. They just came UPS today direct from JL Audio!

They were on backorder but now they arent!!!!

These will be going along with 4 JL Audio 12W6V2's in my F/S Ford Bronco!

It's going to be loud and clean as you would want. I can't wait.

These things really are top notch....from pure output to amazing sound quality...these have it covered.

Here is a link to all the details of these speakers-
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_components.php?comp_id=65

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e234/djdandjdan/JLAudioZR01.jpg
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e234/djdandjdan/JLAudioZR02.jpg

Ricky616
01-18-2006, 05:47 PM
nice how much where they what size

bri487
01-18-2006, 05:48 PM
nice, i used to run a set of xr's in my cobra.

DJDanWeaver
01-18-2006, 05:50 PM
I think they retail for about $800/pair. I can't say what JL sold them to me for. I have an agreement with a local JL rep. firm. They are able to use my vehicle for a demo as they need and JL helped me out with the product quite a bit.

They are the JL ZR-650CSi's. They are 6.5 inch speakers. The tweeters are hand matched. When I get time I will take some more detailed pics.

FoxPro5
01-18-2006, 05:53 PM
Good stuff! I've always wondered exactly what curve JL is ahead of???

bri487
01-18-2006, 05:54 PM
I think they retail for about $800/pair. I can't say what JL sold them to me for. I have an agreement with a local JL rep. firm. They are able to use my vehicle for a demo as they need and JL helped me out with the product quite a bit.

They are the JL ZR-650CSi's. They are 6.5 inch speakers. The tweeters are hand matched. When I get time I will take some more detailed pics.

it seems like you are big into SQ. if you get a chance, listen to the zapco competition components. if you get some serious power behind them they sound absolutly amazing.

bri487
01-18-2006, 05:54 PM
oh, what are you putting on those zr's for an amp?

chubby
01-18-2006, 05:55 PM
the tweeters are hand matched?

thats a pretty impressive box. lol

DJDanWeaver
01-18-2006, 05:57 PM
oh, what are you putting on those zr's for an amp?

Well....

JL 300/4-Tweeters
JL 300/4-Midrange
JL 500/1-1Per 12W6V2 (4 Total)

I like things loud,accurate and clean...this should do it! :)

bri487
01-18-2006, 05:57 PM

hand matched meaning that a human places them in a box with the mids. no company, especially JL, would take the time to hand match every single tweeter in a regular production line.

bri487
01-18-2006, 05:58 PM
Well....

JL 300/4-Tweeters
JL 300/4-Midrange
JL 500/1-1Per 12W6V2 (4 Total)

I like things loud,accurate and clean...this should do it! :)

that seems like way overkill. i jsut ditched my three JL amps.

DJDanWeaver
01-18-2006, 05:59 PM

They match the tweets within 1db of each other. It is not a widely known fact, but most "high end" components tweeters are lucky to be within 3db or more.

DJDanWeaver
01-18-2006, 06:02 PM
hand matched meaning that a human places them in a box with the mids. no company, especially JL, would take the time to hand match every single tweeter in a regular production line.

I guess JL is gearing themselves up for a false adv. lawsuit then?:D Here is the info in black and white.

They do match these tweeters contrary to what Bri487 is saying

Here you go-

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_components_pages.php?page_id=97

By the way...this isnt their "regular production line"....these are thier flagship components. They do not do this on any of thier other lines. Baziiiing.

bri487
01-18-2006, 06:06 PM
I guess JL is gearing themselves up for a false adv. lawsuit then?:D Here is the info in black and white.

Here you go-

yea, and when you put a 2 ohm load on a JL slash series amp, it puts out less power than it will with a 4 ohm load. that is because it reduces output slightly to keep itself from overheating. that is also a little on the false advertising side. nobody is ever going to go through the trouble of sueing JL over the hand matching deal, i just find it hard to believe that they would waste time and money on it.

DJDanWeaver
01-18-2006, 06:07 PM
I also have an
Orion 2100 HCCA with a polished heat sink
and an
Orion NT 200-Midranges
Orion NT100-Tweeters

I HAD considered using these amps but thought that maybe I should keep it all JL. I am undecided as of yet.

bri487
01-18-2006, 06:08 PM

Here you go-

By the way...this isnt their "regular production line"....these are thier flagship components. They do not do this on any of thier other lines. Baziiiing.

these arent any special order speaker, they are a regular production line. its so funny how you try to back up JLs honesty with THEIR WEBSITE. i would like to see what other sources have to say.

DJDanWeaver
01-18-2006, 06:11 PM
yea, and when you put a 2 ohm load on a JL slash series amp, it puts out less power than it will with a 4 ohm load. that is because it reduces output slightly to keep itself from overheating. that is also a little on the false advertising side. nobody is ever going to go through the trouble of sueing JL over the hand matching deal, i just find it hard to believe that they would waste time and money on it.

Actually, JL Audio admits to this...it's no secret at all. They even hand out charts to thier dealers to show them this and encourage thier dealers not to run things at 2 ohms if they can avoid it. It's the hacks that get ahold of good product and do stupid things to give it a bad name.

It's ok that you don't believe that JL would do something, but that doesnt make it untrue....plain and simple.

bri487
01-18-2006, 06:14 PM
Actually, JL Audio admits to this...it's no secret at all. They even hand out charts to thier dealers to show them this and encourage thier dealers not to run things at 2 ohms if they can avoid it. It's the hacks that get ahold of good product and do stupid things to give it a bad name.

It's ok that you don't believe that JL would do something, but that doesnt make it untrue....plain and simple.

where does JL admit to this? its on their specs, output is the same from 1.5 to 4 ohms according to JL. its only when you really test them you find out otherwise. if that isnt true, why should you believe another far fetched JL claim. just seems a little too good to be true for high production speakers.

DJDanWeaver
01-18-2006, 06:15 PM
these arent any special order speaker, they are a regular production line. its so funny how you try to back up JLs honesty with THEIR WEBSITE. i would like to see what other sources have to say.

Uhh...then go find some other sources toolbox. You are the exact reason I don't post too often on places like this. You can't just be cool and supportive, you have to be a total *** pirate and try to be rude and a knowitall.

By the way...I didnt say they were special order speakers. I said that they were JL's flagship. It really doesnt do you any good to twist what other people say to your benefit when it is in black and white...it just makes you look retarded and vindictive.

bri487
01-18-2006, 06:17 PM
Uhh...then go find some other sources toolbox. You are the exact reason I don't post too often on places like this. You can't just be cool and supportive, you have to be a total *** pirate and try to be rude and a knowitall.

By the way...I didnt say they were special order speakers. I said that they were JL's flagship. It really doesnt do you any good to twist what other people say to your benefit when it is in black and white...it just makes you look retarded and vindictive.

my source is a JL dealer, and the biggest one in the area. i wasnt saying anything, but i just think JL is a little full of it claiming to hand match each tweeter. i'm not saying its a bad product or anything, but they have proven that their marketing is bs.

DJDanWeaver
01-18-2006, 06:23 PM
I'm not going to fight on a forum about speakers. This is a waste of my time. I posted because I thought a few people might dig some pics of the ZR's and I was excited about getting them. That's it.

Bri-If you want to continue to post up and talk smack about JL or myself then go for it. I don't want to sit here and argue about something I don't even really care about.

I will be happy with my system and stuff I have chosen to go into it regardless of whatever you say.

I'm sure that if you gave me your system breakdown I could tear it apart bit by bit as well, but I have better things to do. I could go on about how I probably know 10 times more than you do about car audio and blah blah blah, but who really cares. You MAY be the Car Audio Moon Master but I don't give a $hit....

Enjoy being you.

bri487
01-18-2006, 06:32 PM
I'm not going to fight on a forum about speakers. This is a waste of my time. I posted because I thought a few people might dig some pics of the ZR's and I was excited about getting them. That's it.

Bri-If you want to continue to post up and talk smack about JL or myself then go for it. I don't want to sit here and argue about something I don't even really care about.

I will be happy with my system and stuff I have chosen to go into it regardless of whatever you say.

I'm sure that if you gave me your system breakdown I could tear it apart bit by bit as well, but I have better things to do. I could go on about how I probably know 10 times more than you do about car audio and blah blah blah, but who really cares. You MAY be the Car Audio Moon Master but I don't give a $hit....

Enjoy being you.

ok, here you go...

until the newest baddest deck comes out, which i am not sure if it is public knowledge yet, i will be using my 9830 which works just fine.

i have diamond d6 highs/mids, zapco 1100.1 dc and 1000.4 dc, and two treo tsi 10"s. have at it.

i never went after you or your speakers, just JL's marketing is a little out there sometimes.

Eugenics
01-18-2006, 06:34 PM
nice speaks

DJDanWeaver
01-18-2006, 09:40 PM
Nice pics eugenics. Do people actually ***** at you for having these in your posts? What's wrong with them?

Eugenics
01-18-2006, 09:42 PM
little boys are intimidated by body parts they will never see in person.

thefunkybunch
01-18-2006, 10:07 PM
those are very impressive speakers indeed. when i went to JL for training, they were demo'ing the mini at lunch which at the time was the only working set of the ZR's... very impressive speakers, and a killer install in that thing. if i didn't have the boston Z's i would get a set of those in a heartbeat :) definitely throw some power at them, 75 watts on the mids may leave a bit to be desired. personally i'd throw more power at them than that, cause they'll take every bit of it, but you should be pleased. enjoy :)

Ingleside
01-18-2006, 10:13 PM
i saw a set of these speakers today at my brother shop. the look really nice in person. they are going in a customers car tomorrow and cant wait to hear them. either way im still happy with my Q series.

theCybe
01-18-2006, 11:02 PM
I'm not a JL groupie, and I'm still in a phase where I think you can get great performance even out of a low-end product if you know what you're doing;

But I enjoyed the coupla minutes I spent reading about the ZRs.

So, thanks for the contribution. You elitist prick ;) ;)

theCybe
01-18-2006, 11:03 PM
*if you were truly an obsessive perfectionist, you would've aligned the boxes with the woodslats of your floor. ;)

Colin+M
01-18-2006, 11:37 PM
Nice pics of the ZR's, i wouldn't mind owning a set once they become a tad more common and a little easier to get ahold of(i.e. cheaper). Don't mind Bri..whatever's comments. He hates on anything not Treo or Zapco, and whatever you have it would sound better in a boat according to the gospels of Bri.

Do you know when the ZR's will be found in stock at local dealers and Tweeter etc? Every dealer i have gone to has to order them, therefore no auditioning:(

ntense702
01-18-2006, 11:47 PM
those are some beautiful components

DJDanWeaver
01-20-2006, 04:58 AM
Thanks guys. The ZR's should be available to whatever dealer wants to order them for sale...in limited quantities.

Those Treo Tsi's sure do have a nice stamped basket. I hope they sell for less than $39.95 each. They look like a sub Pioneer sold in Wal-mart about 10-12 years ago....seriously...almost identical.

bri487
01-20-2006, 07:58 PM
they sound better to me SQ wise than my old W7's or diamond tdx's did. they are 100 bucks each and will smash on the w3v2 all day long. take a look at the craftsmanship of the W0 you queerbag. take alook at event he w3v2, then look at the tsx in person.

DJDanWeaver
01-21-2006, 06:54 PM
they sound better to me SQ wise than my old W7's or diamond tdx's did. they are 100 bucks each and will smash on the w3v2 all day long. take a look at the craftsmanship of the W0 you queerbag. take alook at event he w3v2, then look at the tsx in person.

The W7 is only an SQ sub in sealed enclosures with medium amounts of power.
I don't really like the way the W3V2's sound and never said I did.
The WO's were NEVER called a SQ sub-they were designed to be efficient and affordable, giving people with a modest budget a way to get decent sub bass performance w/o a ton of power.

I don't need to see the TSX in person. I can tell from many online pics that it is in all apsects nearly identical to the Pioneer subs that came out 10-12 years ago that sold in Wal-Mart....I'm just stating facts.

You made me cry calling me names though.:crying: I've gotta go now. I have to put some water in your mothers dish.:D

Echo42987
01-21-2006, 10:07 PM

Did you get them for $400 ;)

We sell those at where I work....They are very nice speakers. Just picked up a pair for my friend. If I was u, just buy a 450/4 for them and you'll be fine. They only need about 85 watts to really get the job done.

Echo42987
01-21-2006, 10:12 PM
Nice pics of the ZR's, i wouldn't mind owning a set once they become a tad more common and a little easier to get ahold of(i.e. cheaper). Don't mind Bri..whatever's comments. He hates on anything not Treo or Zapco, and whatever you have it would sound better in a boat according to the gospels of Bri.

Do you know when the ZR's will be found in stock at local dealers and Tweeter etc? Every dealer i have gone to has to order them, therefore no auditioning:(

Tweeter already carries the ZR Line.....

And yea bri, stop startin' arguements learn when to shutup :ban:

bri487
01-22-2006, 04:05 AM
The W7 is only an SQ sub in sealed enclosures with medium amounts of power.
I don't really like the way the W3V2's sound and never said I did.
The WO's were NEVER called a SQ sub-they were designed to be efficient and affordable, giving people with a modest budget a way to get decent sub bass performance w/o a ton of power.

I don't need to see the TSX in person. I can tell from many online pics that it is in all apsects nearly identical to the Pioneer subs that came out 10-12 years ago that sold in Wal-Mart....I'm just stating facts.

You made me cry calling me names though.:crying: I've gotta go now. I have to put some water in your mothers dish.:D

ok, once you get away from JL you will see what is really out there. i went though many setups before i became happy with what i have.

the tsi is not a SQ sub either, it is simply the entry level woofer, which is their bottom of the line. it is a much better speaker as well. the tsx is in the same league as the w3v2, and will kill it all day long.

and the W7's i ran, both sealed and ported, didnt have the SQ i like, so i went ported. and the more power they have the better they sound, i dont know where you get this medium amounts of power from. try getting 1000+ watts per sub and see how you like them. underpowered they are a little sloppy and boomy, in the proper sealed box. it isnt enough to dissapoint bass heads, but people that crave SQ wont settle for that. when you get more power on them they get a little snappier and play deeper and louder, and you can push them harder without distortion when you have more power on them

Eugenics
01-22-2006, 11:03 AM
ok, once you get away from JL you will see what is really out there. i went though many setups before i became happy with what i have.

the tsi is not a SQ sub either, it is simply the entry level woofer, which is their bottom of the line. it is a much better speaker as well. the tsx is in the same league as the w3v2, and will kill it all day long.

and the W7's i ran, both sealed and ported, didnt have the SQ i like, so i went ported. and the more power they have the better they sound, i dont know where you get this medium amounts of power from. try getting 1000+ watts per sub and see how you like them. underpowered they are a little sloppy and boomy, in the proper sealed box. it isnt enough to dissapoint bass heads, but people that crave SQ wont settle for that. when you get more power on them they get a little snappier and play deeper and louder, and you can push them harder without distortion when you have more power on them

install install install install install install install install install install install

chadillac3
01-22-2006, 11:36 AM

If you're running more than one W7 with over 500 watts per driver, you're not looking for "SQ." You're looking for loud *** bass, period.

Eugenics
01-22-2006, 11:56 AM
sql

bri487
01-22-2006, 03:52 PM
If you're running more than one W7 with over 500 watts per driver, you're not looking for "SQ." You're looking for loud *** bass, period.

even the w7 10" doesnt start to sound good without 700-1000 watts.

bri487
01-22-2006, 03:53 PM
install install install install install install install install install install install

tested tested tested tested tested. oh did i mentiontion that i tested a lot with the w7.

JLCivic
01-22-2006, 04:15 PM
even the w7 10" doesnt start to sound good without 700-1000 watts.
I demoed a 12W7 in my car with a 500/1 and it sounded awesome. You certainly don't need that much power for a w7 to sound good, at least imo.

bri487
01-23-2006, 01:48 AM
I demoed a 12W7 in my car with a 500/1 and it sounded awesome. You certainly don't need that much power for a w7 to sound good, at least imo.

the dealer i used to go to wouldnt even sell a w7 without a 1000/1. if you really want them to shine, lots of power will do it.

JLCivic
01-23-2006, 07:47 AM
the dealer i used to go to wouldnt even sell a w7 without a 1000/1. if you really want them to shine, lots of power will do it.

There is a big difference between "needs 700 - 1000 watts to start sounding good" and "really want them to shine"

A 12W7 off 500 watts sounded very nice in my car.

DJDanWeaver
01-23-2006, 09:46 PM

As to the "once I get away from JL Audio" comment-

This is the first ALL JL system I have done.

I have most likely owned more car audio than you could ever imagine....

I have had several Pre-DEI Orion systems including NTense amplifiers, HCCA, XTR, you name it I've had it. In fact I was a Beta tester when they developed thier Concept line years ago.
I have owned TONS of Pre-DEI PPI Equipment, probably about 10 different PC series amps or so.
Ive had 3-4 Xtant 1001DX's, 301a's, 302a's, 2200ix's, and several others.
The original Diamond D series amps-when they were ESOTERIC!,Zapco, US Amps, Audio Art, Pheonix Gold, Optimus :)-that's right!, Fultron, Total Mobile Audio,Soundstream, etc, etc, etc!

I've owned Memphis equipment

Various Alpine amps

I've owned comopnents from Diamond, ADS, JL, Alpine, Infinity, Focal, and more, you name it.

I've probably owned more than 50 different types of subs in my life....no point in even getting into all these...I HOPE you get the point.

I was one of the first people in the US to have the Pioneer ODR setup YEARS ago.

I've owned decks by Alpine, Pioneer, Kenwood, Eclipse and others.

I currently have in my basement a couple of Zapco pieces, some Orion stuff, and Infinity Sub, a couple EQ's, maybe a 1 Farad cap or 2, BOXES AND BOXES full of Monster Cable, just got rid of the rest of the Xtant I had, Probably enough to build a few decent systems. At certain points I have easily had $25-30K in car audio sitting im my basement.

I have had systems with 8 subs and systems with 1.

Back in 1993-96 I regularly competed and faired quite well in a few different competitions in a few different categories.

I have had systems in:

1985 Monte Carlo SS-First system
1988 Ford Escort GT-SPL 153.7 DB in 1995
1993 Mustang Cobra-SQ System
1993 Ford Probe GT-SPL
1997 Olds Bravada-SPL Competition
1995 BMW M3-Just for fun
2001 Land Rover-SQ
2001 Honda Civic Si-Just for fun
2001 VW Jetta-Just for fun
1990 (or so)VW GTI 16V-Just for fun
2002 Lexus IS300-JL sytem (currently owning)
1992 F/S Bronco 5.8L (Work in Progress) (currently owning)-For Show

These are what I can remember off the top of my head, in chronological order of ownership. I think I'm missing one or two

I have had something or other to do with car audio for the last 12 years of my life, so I know what the F#ck I'm talking about.

Sooo....don't tell me "when I get away from JL" I will see what else is out there. I KNOW what is out there. I went with JL because it's dam#ed good and dam#ed reliable...and they bent over backwards to give me a good deal....better than most get.

I don't work for them and don't even work for a JL dealer. I just know people that do, and they have chosen to take care of me because I take care of them.

I dig car audio but it is no longer my life. As I have grown so have my hobbies. They include
-Talking to/having *** with women-
-Cooking
-Handguns-Range firing/Pistolsmithing/etc.
-DJ'ing-This is also my income
-Working on my home
-Woodworking
-Small Electronics Repair
-Not letting car audio or any one hobbie absorb my life as it did from 16-20 years of age.
-Anything that catches my interest

Are you starting to get it yet Bri?

A high post count is in no way directly or indirectly related to car audio wisdom.

The BIGGEST difference between you and I APPEARS to be the fact that you THINK you KNOW IT ALL, while I KNOW that there is always something I can learn.

I bequeath Bri the new title -CAR AUDIO MOON MASTER! -If you don't get the reference watch ATHF.

P.S. You are point blank wrong about JL's W7 and it's power needs. You can "talk" to people all day long about what they "think" they need or whatever....here's the reality.

I USED to work for the #1 JL dealer in IN. I have easily built/helped build/sold more JL W7's and boxes than you could afford with several years of income. I have easily sold in the high hundreds of these woofers.
I KNOW how to make them work and what kind of power they need to perform properly.

DJDanWeaver
01-23-2006, 10:08 PM
Did you get them for $400 ;)

Believe it or not QUITE a bit less than that. I made a deal directly with my local rep/friend and some marketing people @ JL and they really took care of me. My vehicle has to make several appearances when it's done and I also owe my local rep some personal favors as well....so I'm basically working the difference off.

I was going to do an entire Boston Acoutics setup similar to what I'm doing with JL. I told them (JL) about it and they took the bull by the horns and "hooked a white boy up"

Eugenics
01-23-2006, 10:10 PM
burn!!!

my personal favorites...

I dig car audio but it is no longer my life. As I have grown so have my hobbies. They include
-Talking to/having *** with women-
-Cooking
-Handguns-Range firing/Pistolsmithing/etc.
-DJ'ing-This is also my income
-Working on my home
-Woodworking
-Small Electronics Repair
-Not letting car audio or any one hobbie absorb my life as it did from 16-20 years of age.
-Anything that catches my interest

Are you starting to get it yet Bri?

A high post count is in no way directly or indirectly related to car audio wisdom.

The BIGGEST difference between you and I APPEARS to be the fact that you THINK you KNOW IT ALL, while I KNOW that there is always something I can learn.

I bequeath Bri the new title -CAR AUDIO MOON MASTER! -If you don't get the reference watch ATHF.

P.S. You are point blank wrong about JL's W7 and it's power needs. You can "talk" to people all day long about what they "think" they need or whatever....here's the reality.

I USED to work for the #1 JL dealer in IN. I have easily built/helped build/sold more JL W7's and boxes than you could afford with several years of income. I have easily sold in the high hundreds of these woofers.
I KNOW how to make them work and what kind of power they need to perform properly.

Mir
01-24-2006, 12:22 AM
**** it! this thread its hot! juaz!

btw.. congrats for this beautys!!

bri487
01-24-2006, 01:59 AM
its funny that you make it seem as though you are the only one with a life.

bri487
01-24-2006, 02:02 AM

that is way ignorant. you seriously have no clue.

for working at this big dealer, you really didnt do much from the sounds of it. anything worth note would have more power than you claim gets these woofers sounding good.

i really dont care what ****** job you had doing a master installers grunt work, so quit trying to make it sound so great.

DJDanWeaver
01-24-2006, 02:46 AM
that is way ignorant. you seriously have no clue.

for working at this big dealer, you really didnt do much from the sounds of it. anything worth note would have more power than you claim gets these woofers sounding good.

i really dont care what ****** job you had doing a master installers grunt work, so quit trying to make it sound so great.

Every person that has posted on this thread about the W7's has agreed with me and not you...why do you think that is? It must be because you're wrong...hmmm...what a concept. I know it's hard to handle...take a breath and let it sink in. Everyone has to be wrong once in a while...even the CAR AUDIO MOON MASTER.

I never claimed to be a "master installer", those are your words not mine. I never claimed my jub was "so great"...if it was I would still be working for them. I honestly found it quite boring....or else I would still be there.
And yep, I did my fair share of "grunt work" in my day...it's called learning from people that know more than you. If you werent so assinine you would know this.

Because I took the time to do learn I can build just about anything I put my mind to....out of pretty much whatever I want to, be it MDF, Fiberglass, DuraGlass, Carbon Fiber, Stainless Steel,etc. I'll take some pics soon of some of my work and post it up for you to learn from.

The fact of the matter is/has been/will be that you are continuing to speak about things you do not know.

If you question whether I worked for a JL dealer let me know. I'll be happy to post a phone number of the dealer with a manager's name.

I keep backing up my statements while you keep running from yours and changing the subject...why is that?

This is a lose lose situation for you. The more you post the more you show your true colors. I would say quit while you're ahead but it's far too late for that.

Also, keep in mind that I have NEVER talked smack about anyone else's equipment on this forum until you INVITED me to comment on your equipment by posting it up and telling me to take a shot. You on the other hand are obviously the jealous type that gets upset when someone has something better than you.

Since you are the CAR AUDIO MOON MASTER what do you do for income? If I post up proof of my ex-JL dealer employment I want a phone number and name of where you work...that should be entertaining.

Remember, the power wire doesnt go through the door jam...and red is positive.

Keep it up Bri, I'll keep burning you down.

bri487
01-24-2006, 02:48 AM
Every person that has posted on this thread about the W7's has agreed with me and not you...why do you think that is? It must be because you're wrong...hmmm...what a concept. I know it's hard to handle...take a breath and let it sink in. Everyone has to be wrong once in a while...even the CAR AUDIO MOON MASTER.

I never claimed to be a "master installer", those are your words not mine. I never claimed my jub was "so great"...if it was I would still be working for them. I honestly found it quite boring....or else I would still be there.
And yep, I did my fair share of "grunt work" in my day...it's called learning from people that know more than you. If you werent so assinine you would know this.

Because I took the time to do learn I can build just about anything I put my mind to....out of pretty much whatever I want to, be it MDF, Fiberglass, DuraGlass, Carbon Fiber, Stainless Steel,etc. I'll take some pics soon of some of my work and post it up for you to learn from.

The fact of the matter is/has been/will be that you are continuing to speak about things you do not know.

If you question whether I worked for a JL dealer let me know. I'll be happy to post a phone number of the dealer with a manager's name.

I keep backing up my statements while you keep running from yours and changing the subject...why is that?

This is a lose lose situation for you. The more you post the more you show your true colors. I would say quit while you're ahead but it's far too late for that.

Also, keep in mind that I have NEVER talked smack about anyone else's equipment on this forum until you INVITED me to comment on your equipment by posting it up and telling me to take a shot. You on the other hand are obviously the jealous type that gets upset when someone has something better than you.

Since you are the CAR AUDIO MOON MASTER what do you do for income? If I post up proof of my ex-JL dealer employment I want a phone number and name of where you work...that should be entertaining.

Remember, the power wire doesnt go through the door jam...and red is positive.

Keep it up Bri, I'll keep burning you down.

and yet you make it appear as though you have a life..... this post is proof of otherwise.

swc204
01-24-2006, 02:51 AM
stfu bri

bri487
01-24-2006, 02:53 AM
oh, and i work for a company at the moment that puts in baseball fields. i am finishing up work at a local D1 college field right now because the head guy took off to finish re-doing cincinnatis field. before that i worked at the best minor league baseball field according to sports illustrated. i dont think that 3g's is bad for two weeks work. i work about 10 hours a week, and go to school full time.

you really have no clue what other people have, so quit acting like you are the ****. nobody gives a **** what you have, it doesnt make you any better or worse of a person, so just shut up about it.

iagrdshaka
01-24-2006, 02:54 AM
DJDanWeaver > bri

:)

Eugenics
01-24-2006, 02:55 AM
shameless, its obvious who's playing what role in this debate.. and its obvious who got shut down

Eugenics
01-24-2006, 02:56 AM
im not sure where how much you claim to make became relivant in this discussion

JAZN
01-24-2006, 02:58 AM
Nice nice components. Glad you got hooked up, ya bastard :p:

And Bri487, please stop thread dumping. Just because other people don't think zapco and treo are god doesn't mean you need to get your ******* in a bunch.

DJDanWeaver
01-24-2006, 02:59 AM
and yet you make it appear as though you have a life..... this post is proof of otherwise.

What the hell else would I be doing @ 2 in the morning on a Monday?

I don't sleep much.

I've already gone out to lunch, filed my taxes, been to the firing range, worked on my Bronco, had *** with a girl, cooked dinner for myself and some friends, P/U money that someone owed me, fixed a friends truck, started building a home DJ setup for practice and recording, etc. All this and I slept till noon. I only have to work Thu-Sat 10:30PM-3:15AM.

Like I said, I have hobbies, interests and responsibilities.

I notice you didnt respond to a single thing that i posted....
Oh yeah, and you're on here right now smart guy so I guess the same goes for you.....I must say, you are PURE GENIUS.

Seriously-How old are you? What is your occupation?...that means job. I'm prepared to be awed...that means surprised and amazed.

I must admit I can't stop making you my mental midget b*tch, so yeah...this is a bit of a waste of time but it is entertaining...and while I'm burning you down I'm searching for and downloading new music for work...and getting paid to do it.

Eugenics
01-24-2006, 03:01 AM
I must admit I can't stop making you my mental midget b*tch, so yeah...this is a bit of a waste of time but it is entertaining...and while I'm burning you down I'm searching for and downloading new music for work...and getting paid to do it.

what kind?

what turntables/mixer are you using?

bri487
Nice nice components. Glad you got hooked up, ya bastard :p:

And Bri487, please stop thread dumping. Just because other people don't think zapco and treo are god doesn't mean you need to get your ******* in a bunch.

this had nothing to do with zap or treo, jsut JLs bull **** marketing techniques. since i dont talk **** on a professional level, which i dont care to do, i cant really share what i found along side the local dealer.

Eugenics
must not be that ******, selling alot more then treo and zapco combined

bri487
01-24-2006, 03:04 AM
must not be that ******, selling alot more then treo and zapco combined

the guy that i deal with now is a one of the top three dealers in the nation for zapco. that is pushing some serious product for only one installer.

Eugenics
01-24-2006, 03:04 AM
irrelevant

DJDanWeaver
01-24-2006, 03:07 AM
what kind?

what turntables/mixer are you using?

At home I use Technics 1200MKII tables (Ortofon "Night Club" Cartridges), Pioneer DJM-600 Mixer/Effects, Denon DN-D9000 Dual CD Deck.

I have a fairly similar setup at work except with a Pioneer CMX3000 CD Player.

When my home setup is complete I will take some pics and post....it should be in the next week or so. I set it on 6 high qual. castors so I can scoot it around my house...it's basic but pretty cool.

I'll have a CPU to record directly into so I can work with whatever I turn out.

bri487
01-24-2006, 03:08 AM
Like I said, I have hobbies, interests and responsibilities.

I notice you didnt respond to a single thing that i posted....
Oh yeah, and you're on here right now smart guy so I guess the same goes for you.....I must say, you are PURE GENIUS.

Seriously-How old are you? What is your occupation?...that means job. I'm

if you want a response, i am almost 19, i already covered the job, i wakeboard, race shifter karts, a lot of boating, a girlfriend of a little over two years, i am a full time student at the local JC for now, i search for different cars all day, as i make money buying and selling them (porsches to be more specific), what else do you want to know, so i can fullfill your desires.

Eugenics
01-24-2006, 03:09 AM
im using a stanton right now just to mess around on, about to get another and not sure on which mixer etc. i'll use. just a hobby. been messing around with reason alot. still dont have it down like i want to

bri487
irrelevant

the dont bring the other **** up.

DJDanWeaver
the guy that i deal with now is a one of the top three dealers in the nation for zapco. that is pushing some serious product for only one installer.

I have a friend that can get Zapco through Davis Distribution....that means with a $15 tax ID I can be an "Authorized" Zapco dealer....don't believe me. I have the price book on cd-rom sitting next to me.

Let me know when you are ready to buy another Zapco piece. I'll give you $5 off retail and only charge $50/per item shipping.

Eugenics
fulltime at a jc, haha

Eugenics
01-24-2006, 03:11 AM
the dont bring the other **** up.

what other **** was i bringing up? simply thwarting your claim. you brought up an individual dealer that had nothing to do with the topic at hand.

bri487
01-24-2006, 03:12 AM
fulltime at a jc, haha

cant pass up a couple g's every week. soon i will be at cal poly. just to let you know it is one of the best JC's in california. i pay $28 a unit, why pay more to go to school in the same town when i can still get my bachelors degree from cal poly in the same amount of time. sounds like common sense to me.

bri487
01-24-2006, 03:13 AM
what other **** was i bringing up? simply thwarting your claim. you brought up an individual dealer that had nothing to do with the topic at hand.

it still had nothing to do with the original topic of this thread. two wrongs dont make a right.

JAZN
so yea...nice speakers dude. :)

Eugenics
you already demonstrated your common sense in this thread once

Eugenics
01-24-2006, 03:14 AM
it still had nothing to do with the original topic of this thread. two wrongs dont make a right.

i responded to your post and countered it with something relevant. you responded to mine with a fact that was irrelivant. keep shooting yourself in the foot though

bri487
01-24-2006, 03:15 AM
I have a friend that can get Zapco through Davis Distribution....that means with a $15 tax ID I can be an "Authorized" Zapco dealer....don't believe me. I have the price book on cd-rom sitting next to me.

Let me know when you are ready to buy another Zapco piece. I'll give you $5 off retail and only charge $50/per item shipping.

that isnt an "autorized dealer". i live only 10 miles from zapcos door. whenever i want something i can get a great deal on it and have it the same day. but thanks for the worthless offer.

bri487
01-24-2006, 03:15 AM
i responded to your post and countered it with something relevant. you responded to mine with a fact that was irrelivant. keep shooting yourself in the foot though

please try to keep your posts on topic.

DJDanWeaver
01-24-2006, 03:16 AM
if you want a response, i am almost 19, i already covered the job, i wakeboard, race shifter karts, a lot of boating, a girlfriend of a little over two years, i am a full time student at the local JC for now, i search for different cars all day, as i make money buying and selling them (porsches to be more specific), what else do you want to know, so i can fullfill your desires.

If your life is so fulfilling then why are you such a dry buttf*ck to people you don't even know? You had no reason to start posting nonsense like you did in my post. Since you did I chose to retaliate, like it or not. If you would have been polite this never would have happened. In time I would like to think you will learn when to STFU, but it's doubtful.

P.S. That girl will break up with you before you turn 21, if it lasts that long, trust me. That's going to be wierd when she dumps your *** and your crying and you think of a person that told you on the internet that doesnt even know you.

P.S. You know what they say about guys that are into Porsches.
I'll give you a hint. Ron Jeremy drives a Toyota Corolla.

swc204
01-24-2006, 03:18 AM
If your life is so fulfilling then why are you such a dry buttf*ck to people you don't even know? You had no reason to start posting nonsense like you did in my post. Since you did I chose to retaliate, like it or not. If you would have been polite this never would have happened. In time I would like to think you will learn when to STFU, but it's doubtful.

P.S. That girl will break up with you before you turn 21, if it lasts that long, trust me. That's going to be wierd when she dumps your *** and your crying and you think of a person that told you on the internet that doesnt even know you.

:D

Eugenics
01-24-2006, 03:19 AM
please try to keep your posts on topic.

way to lose an argument

DJDanWeaver
01-24-2006, 03:19 AM
im using a stanton right now just to mess around on, about to get another and not sure on which mixer etc. i'll use. just a hobby. been messing around with reason alot. still dont have it down like i want to

Not a thing wrong with Santon...pretty good stuff IMO. I really like the DJM-600 but they are pricey. I lucked into a deal that I got to trade an Xtant amp I had $40 in straight up...I got lucky.:D

There are tons of good mixers to be had in the $200-$500 Range.

Keep it up on the mixing...it's fun even if you never make a dime off it. I enjoy DJing in my house more than I do working....except for the ladies!:up2somet:

flakko
01-24-2006, 03:21 AM
fulltime at a jc, haha

hey hey now.....

JC is freakin cheap. 28/unit > 800-1000/unit @ USC.

bri487
01-24-2006, 03:21 AM

my life is fullfilling. i never posted nonsense, just found it odd that JL claims to hand match the zr tweeters. i was polite, until you got out the astroglide and attempted to give me the shaft because i said something bad about JL.

you dont have the slightest clue about life. my life experiences are limited due to my age, but i am at least grown up enough to live a life that i want with a girl that i want to.

if ron jeremy drives a corolla, its cause he is fat, ugly, and old. his day is over. say what you want about porsche, it doesnt bother me, its just fast and easy money, and a nice car to drive in the mean time.

Eugenics
01-24-2006, 03:22 AM
hey hey now.....

im not knocking jc because i went to one. im knocking someone using 'full time at a jc' to impress someone. jc was probably the easiest thing i've done in my life

bri487
01-24-2006, 03:22 AM
hey hey now.....

they are more practical for people to get the GE out of the way. i will be transfering to a 4 year soon, but at least i am not wasting my money over there quite yet. the little piece of paper on it will still say cal poly either way.

bri487
01-24-2006, 03:24 AM
im not knocking jc because i went to one. im knocking someone using 'full time at a jc' to impress someone. jc was probably the easiest thing i've done in my life

i didnt say it to impress anyone. just saying that i have time for a job other hobbies and my life with 15 units of school as well. he asked, i told.

DJDanWeaver
01-24-2006, 03:24 AM
I've spent enough time burning down Bri487. I am officially quitting as it is without a doubt like having a fistfight with an armless person. Where is the ignore button?

Say what you will Bri389, I tire of your deuchbagerey.

Anyone else that want to contribute in a positive manner is welcome to. As a matter of fact, anyone that has a LEGITIMATE negative response go for it. Just back it up please.:rolleyes:

Eugenics
01-24-2006, 03:25 AM
if ron jeremy drives a corolla, its cause he is fat, ugly, and old. his day is over. say what you want about porsche, it doesnt bother me, its just fast and easy money, and a nice car to drive in the mean time.

just because your dad buys them dosen't mean you have anything to do with the process. and by refering to the fat ugly and old as people who dont drive nice cars you have just alienated 70% of the high dollar car market

bri487
01-24-2006, 03:26 AM
I've spent enough time burning down Bri487. I am officially quitting as it is without a doubt like having a fistfight with an armless person. Where is the ignore button?

Say what you will Bri389, I tire of your deuchbagerey.

Anyone else that want to contribute in a positive manner is welcome to. As a matter of fact, anyone that has a LEGITIMATE negative response go for it. Just back it up please.:rolleyes:

you cant even get my name right.

Eugenics
please dont, its fun to watch

flakko
have you put them in yet?

bri487
01-24-2006, 03:27 AM
just because your dad buys them dosen't mean you have anything to do with the process. and by refering to the fat ugly and old as people who dont drive nice cars you have just alienated 70% of the high dollar car market

yea, we do it together, some would like to call it a good father/son relationship. we both make a little money and have fun doing it, is that wrong to do?

ngsm13
01-24-2006, 03:28 AM
Hmmm...there's a little too much DOUCHEROCKET in here...

NG

bri487
01-24-2006, 03:29 AM

NG

its a giant sausage fest in this thread.

Eugenics
01-24-2006, 03:30 AM
you're at the site with one girl, fyi

bri487
01-24-2006, 03:31 AM

just cause the c0ck ratio is overwhelming out of control, doesnt mean that this place has to be gay.

DJDanWeaver
have you put them in yet?

No....we just finished doing a custom roll cage and are starting to rebuild the door panels to accomodate everything.

Here is "About" where we are at...a bit more work has been done so far but still a TON to go.

http://djdanweaver.tripod.com/bronco/

There are TWO PAGES of pics-Look @ the second for roll cage, etc.

This Bronco is going to be a rough/tough offroader that is built to be used. In fact the whole exterior has been "Rhino Lined" to use a generic term.
The stuff I used is called Durabak. It is pretty wild...some may call it ugly but beauty is in the eye of the beholder IMO

It looks about like it does now in the 9th pic except it has new rims and 35" tires instead of 33's

flakko

Sakura, Sonygurl, Jordantyler. Supra chica... 4? hehe

Eugenics
01-24-2006, 03:34 AM
just cause the c0ck ratio is overwhelming out of control, doesnt mean that this place has to be gay.

its not like it ended up in any direction that you didn't take it

Eugenics
01-24-2006, 03:35 AM
Sakura, Sonygurl, Jordantyler. Supra chica... 4? hehe

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

DJDanWeaver
01-24-2006, 03:38 AM
you cant even get my name right.

Proof that he shows signs of serious mental retardation. I was messing with him by writing his name incorrectly and he takes it serious.

bri487
01-24-2006, 03:39 AM
its not like it ended up in any direction that you didn't take it
its not like you didnt follow my footsteps.

bri487
01-24-2006, 03:39 AM
Proof that he shows signs of serious mental retardation. I was messing with him by writing his name incorrectly and he takes it serious.

ok mr. e-comedian. not everyone gets your lame sense of humor over the internet.

DJDanWeaver
01-24-2006, 03:42 AM

NG

I like that word...mind if I borrow it?

ngsm13
01-24-2006, 03:48 AM
I like that word...mind if I borrow it?

No sir. Enjoy it. ;)

NG

Pyro_By_Nature
01-24-2006, 09:17 AM
Back on topic (sorta), those speakers look VERY nice.

And, I actually like that finish on the bronco, looks pretty good.Hopefully you'll continue to post pics. :)

Don't mind bri, he must've been an abused child.

helotaxi
01-24-2006, 11:23 AM
Nice speakers, I had the original JL comps set back in the mid '90s.

Question, unless things have changed, and I doubt that they have, the guys at JL are wizards when it comes to passive crossover design. Why would you toss what shoud be great passive units and the impedance smoothing that they provide to go active?

Eugenics
01-24-2006, 02:29 PM
its not like you didnt follow my footsteps.

no, i make arguments that are funny and make sense. you sir followed in my footsteps but stumbled then fell on your face

should've shot yourself in the foot while it was in your mouth

Colin+M
01-24-2006, 02:43 PM
I got DJdan's joke Bri389, does that mean i am retarded?

Hint* he addressed you by Bri487 initially, and then changed it to Bri389 to show that you aren't worth scrolling up to get your name right." (I also called you Bri389 on purpose, instead of Bri487)
Maybe you didn't get the joke because it was directed at you and not meant for your comedic enjoyment.

You should take "Understanding Facetious Comments 101" at your JC, at $28 a unit you can't loose. Then you will understand all the jokes on big boy TV/internet and won't have to rely on Cartoon Network for giggles.

On a friendly note, just let this thread die. You cannot possibly win at it, so just let it go.
I commend you for working and going to school, BTW.
Also i think its good that you have a good relationship with you dad.

Hundreth
01-24-2006, 03:08 PM
You should take "Understanding Facetious Comments 101" at your JC, at $28 a unit you can't loose. Then you will understand all the jokes on big boy TV/internet and won't have to rely on Cartoon Network for giggles.

To be fair, I've seen some seriously sharp jokes on Cartoon Network that the other TV stations can barely f*ck with. :D

bobo244
01-24-2006, 03:17 PM
my friends next door neighbor was the head engineer in charge of the designs for the crossovers, he did a pretty good job IMO

bri487
01-24-2006, 04:00 PM
I got DJdan's joke Bri389, does that mean i am retarded?

Hint* he addressed you by Bri487 initially, and then changed it to Bri389 to show that you aren't worth scrolling up to get your name right." (I also called you Bri389 on purpose, instead of Bri487)
Maybe you didn't get the joke because it was directed at you and not meant for your comedic enjoyment.

On a friendly note, just let this thread die. You cannot possibly win at it, so just let it go.
I commend you for working and going to school, BTW.
Also i think its good that you have a good relationship with you dad.

did you seriously put that much effort in to it to try to play it off like you dont care?

Eugenics
01-24-2006, 04:46 PM
i love bri's use of ad hominem's

Colin+M
01-24-2006, 10:42 PM
To be fair, I've seen some seriously sharp jokes on Cartoon Network that the other TV stations can barely f*ck with. :D

So have I, on Adult Swim. I was referring to the non-adult swim shows. Maybe that will clear it up.

Bri487, dude you are socially retarded. Do you have any friends? I can't see you conversing with another person without...
A. Getting offended
B. Pissing the other person off
C. Recommending Treo and Zapco
D. Recommending listening to a system in a boat
E. Recommending listening to a system in a boat with Zapco and Treo products.

P.S. It took me all of 47 seconds to post that, I know how to type without using one finger and looking at the keyboard.

Fate710
01-24-2006, 11:56 PM
Hey DJDanWeaver do you know DJ Kidd Kutt? Thats my buddy. Just curious if you know him. Hit me up sometime. Would love to check out the bronco. I am an avid off-roader at hart but sometimes you gota keep it for show.

Ctminime
01-25-2006, 12:05 AM
u should tell me that there would be pics like that in here i went thru 3 pairs of boxers just looking at the pic.... haha:yumyum:

Echo42987
01-25-2006, 12:45 AM
Bri = ***** at life and lies about everything he does....

Your 18 and your daddy or mommy payin' ur way for everything doesn't help accomplish anything...

Because no one with the maturity level of you, which in case you didn't know your scaling a 0 out of 10, wouldn't trust you with a Porsche.

If you were mature, you would've stopped commentin' on this thread along time ago. But your a douche and can't handle bein' made fun of and accepting the fact of when your wrong. It's everyone against you but yet you think your still right, little stubborn are we? Well don't worry, you won't make it very far in life that much longer.

Your 18 and you think ur king of the world already..........hahahahha

DJDanWeaver
01-25-2006, 03:09 AM
Nice speakers, I had the original JL comps set back in the mid '90s.

Question, unless things have changed, and I doubt that they have, the guys at JL are wizards when it comes to passive crossover design. Why would you toss what shoud be great passive units and the impedance smoothing that they provide to go active?

To be honest I'm not 100% sure that I will be doing this. The reason that I would is that my H/U will have complete crossover control and I like to tinker a bit.

The crossovers ARE BEAUTIFUL and in no way am I putting them down.
They offer many adjustment points and I LOVE the way they sound.
I will most likely listin to with and without and decide which way I will go after listening.

I added a pic on the first page but might as well toss it up right here too.

If, when I get a chance I will pull the cover off and take pics. I may start a new Bri497less thread and keep it on topic. This is the FIRST thread that has ever gone this way with me!

DJDanWeaver
01-25-2006, 03:11 AM
Hey DJDanWeaver do you know DJ Kidd Kutt? Thats my buddy. Just curious if you know him. Hit me up sometime. Would love to check out the bronco. I am an avid off-roader at hart but sometimes you gota keep it for show.
I don't personally know him but do know of him...there are a ton of great Hip-Hop DJ's in the Indy area!!!

Since this is the top of the 9th page here is the pic. I promise it'll be the last time I post it! :)

Holty
01-25-2006, 09:55 AM
DJ Dan weaver, can you post a close up of the tweeters? thanks.

DJDanWeaver
01-25-2006, 02:24 PM
DJ Dan weaver, can you post a close up of the tweeters? thanks.
If you send me a link to some pics of that sweet ride you be ownin' yo!:naughty:

Seriously...I will get some pics up of the tweets this eve. The flash made them look pretty wierd on that last pic.
I would like to see your truck!

ngsm13
01-25-2006, 02:38 PM
I would like to see his truck as well.

Those components look sweet.

NG

blackgeltabs
01-25-2006, 02:43 PM
Man those are nice comps, even the box is sweet :D

That one kid in this thread is just an idiot:p: