View Full Version : glide touch?

01-17-2006, 05:49 PM
whats glide touch? like you glide ur finger across the panel to turn up volume and other things? pics?

01-17-2006, 05:52 PM
Check out last year's Crutchfield catalog and look at the Alpine units.

It's basically a touch strip that you run your finger over to select different options on the unit.

01-17-2006, 05:54 PM
The GlideTouch description from a Crutchfield product page:

It works much like the touch pad on a laptop computer. To use it, you simply slide your finger over the strip until you've found the function you want (a sound guide helps you out). http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/ProductPages/read_more.gif Then you press it — it actually feels like you're pressing a real button! GlideTouch looks cool and gives you ultra-convenient system control, all while allowing you to keep your eyes on the road. It could be the most innovative system control on the market.

01-17-2006, 05:57 PM
Basically its how you scroll through menus on the deck. The volume is still controled by the rotary encoder