PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer HU....blown fuse???

Cwing05
01-17-2006, 04:18 PM
I was recently working on my system and accidentally touched the remote wire and the power wire together. My CD player shut off and now I don't know what's wrong with it. I know the AGU fuse by the battery is blown, but people say that wouldn't have anything to do with it. Don't know if I should assume that the HU is shot or if there's someway to check...

iceteebone
01-17-2006, 04:19 PM
if the fuse in the power wire going to the deck is blown, the deck won't work. if it's the fuse going to the amp, then the amp won't work. does the headunit turn on at all?

Prowler573
01-17-2006, 04:21 PM
I do not know about Pioneer's build method as i do not run them.

Kenwood puts the built-in fuse in the back of the chassis next to where the wiring harness attaches to the unit. Look and see if that Pioneer has a fuse on the back of it (or inline on the power wire) and see if the fuse is good.

I reckon doing what you did could have potentially burnt the deck altogether but I would think that it would just roast the accessory turn-on output rather than the whole unit...

Randy Savage
Your radio is fused both at the radio, and at the fusepanel. Check the fuse on the back of your radio (right underneath the wiring harness socket), as well as the fusepanel inside the car.

Cwing05
No...the wires touched together, sparked, and the the music I had playing stopped and it won't come back on...I've checked the fuses for the car itself and all of the ones marked radio do appear to be blown...

Cwing05
01-17-2006, 04:22 PM
DO NOT APPEAR TO BE BLOWN...my bad!!!

Randy Savage
01-17-2006, 04:24 PM
Then check your radio's fuse...

bri487
01-17-2006, 04:27 PM
check the fuse box and see where the factory radio was fused at, if your aftermarket deck gets its power from there, it could be blown as well..

iceteebone
01-17-2006, 04:29 PM
you said the agu fuse by the battery is blown so that means the amp won't power on. does the headunit actually turn on? and then there is no music? does the amp turn on at all?