PDA

View Full Version : is my kenwood toast?

adblink182
01-14-2006, 02:01 PM
had a tech at work look at my stereo because one of my subs was buzzing. Long story short after a few tests with a 9volt battery, we determined one sub was blown, fine whatever

music was playing fine, parked the car, went back to work...

get back in the car to go home, put the face plate on, it folds down like its suppose to, then stops at 90* and nothing on the deck lights up or powers up. Its suppose to fold out to about 135* so you can use the controls...

i press and hold the off button, it doesnt fold back up but just shifts backwards like it wants to go in, then just comes back out

i pull the faceplate off while its stuck in the 90* position, then it folds back up and pulls in like its suppose to

so its obvious it had power cause its moving around and *beep*...

but what I find weird, this was right after the guy was testing the subs. Could changing any wires related to the subs or 2 amps (highs and a dclass) do anything to the deck?

btw is a Kenwood KDC-722

http://img.shopping.com/cctool/PrdImg/images/pr/177X150/00/01/3c/1a/80/20716160.JPG

Alpineinstaller
01-14-2006, 02:08 PM
No it shouldnt have affected anything

adblink182
01-14-2006, 02:21 PM
so r u saying its dead then? :(

just bad timing? (between the subs testing and the deck dying)

Alpineinstaller
01-14-2006, 02:24 PM
just bad timing give the H/U some time and see if it gets some actright. If it doesn't then think about getting a new one or havong that one warrantied

adblink182
01-15-2006, 06:46 PM
****. its out of warranty

so nothing else could cause this but its "just its time to do"?

how about getting these things repaired, is that possible...

heyman421
01-19-2006, 03:15 AM
I would check and make sure the faceplate is on nice and tight. My older kenwood deck's contacts would get dirty, cause it was one where the faceplate disconnected to load cd's.

Also, did you take the radio out to test the speakers? Or did you do it right at the speaker?