PDA

View Full Version : whats teh best/cheapest dvd headunit??

TVarmy04
01-14-2006, 12:50 PM
as the topic states i currently have a pioneer avic-n2 and i really like it because i have a vw mk4 jetta and all teh interior and dash lights are red/blue and so are the buttons on the pioneer so it color matches well but i was wondering wat other brands have either a blue or red or both color interface to match...im goin more for style points and i was lookin into the jensen dvd units anyeone have any input?

Untouchable11
01-14-2006, 12:53 PM
Please do not switch from Pioneer to Jensen... You will regret it in the end. Search through here, not too long ago there was a Jensen DVD unit that took a crap on its owner..

Rattlebrain
01-14-2006, 12:54 PM
Jenson just flat out sux!

Prowler573
01-14-2006, 01:51 PM
Jenson just flat out sux!
That is entirely dependant on what you expect the equipment to do for you. If you acquire it knowing that you've purchased a lesser piece of audio gear than say - Alpine, Kenwood, Eclipse, etc and do not expect it to provide you with the performance that spending the extra scratch on better gear would have then it will likely be satisfactory.

If you buy it because it is cheaper but still expect it to give you the same results as something different then likely you'll be disappointed.

A guy I work with has a Jensen in-dash DVD that he bought off of a friend for $200. He's been using it for over a year without any issue.

Another friend got a Jensen prefab bandpass with two 10s in it at a garage sale for $20. That was four years ago and those subs are still in the back of his wife's car. Have I heard better? Absolutely. Were they worth the $20 he spent on 'em? I'd have to again say Yes.

Having said that ~ I'll have to agree with Untouchable...if you already have a Pioneer unit then likely the Jensen will leave you feeling as if something is lacking...

TVarmy04
01-14-2006, 01:54 PM
well i wanted somthin with a tad bit bigger screen and most importantly color scheme....sound wise i can always upgrade past my stock monsoon system but im lookin more for colors since all my interior dash lights and gauges are red/blue

zachzchw
01-15-2006, 01:17 AM
well i wanted somthin with a tad bit bigger screen and most importantly color scheme....sound wise i can always upgrade past my stock monsoon system but im lookin more for colors since all my interior dash lights and gauges are red/blue

Color is the deciding factor in your audio equipment? :eek:

SERIOUSLY, screw what color it is, dont switch from Pioneer to Jensen.