PDA

View Full Version : H/U Getting REALLY hot.

LuNaTiC
01-13-2006, 12:45 AM
I figure H/U's are sopposed to get hot but when is it too hot? I mean i couldn't put my finger on the heat sink for a second without it hurting. Now what could be causing this? or is it normal? My sub out is max but the bass to the speakers is as low as it goes and my volume at listening level is 25 of 40-60 iono cuz i never turn it up higher than that. So whats up?

JimJ
01-13-2006, 12:47 AM
I'm curious how you're able to touch the heat sink while the unit's in operation...?

Putting a fan on the back of it would be a good way to cool it, if you can get enough circulation behind the dash.

Jdizzle
01-13-2006, 12:49 AM
**** my g/fs face plate gets hott after bout an hour......

JimJ
01-13-2006, 12:51 AM
The first time I read that sentence, I didn't see the word "plate" in there, and...well, the rest is obvious :D

Ctminime
01-13-2006, 01:12 AM
The first time I read that sentence, I didn't see the word "plate" in there, and...well, the rest is obvious :D

:laugh:

LuNaTiC
01-13-2006, 09:59 AM
I'm curious how you're able to touch the heat sink while the unit's in operation...?

Putting a fan on the back of it would be a good way to cool it, if you can get enough circulation behind the dash.

LOL, Funny you should ask that. Well you don't needa dash kit in my car b/c the H/u's are sopposed to fit in the stock location. Well the bass managed to shake it out of position and INTO my dash. Now I can't get it out lol. But noticed then it was REALLY hot. Is there something wrong with the H/u or is that normal?

djman37
01-13-2006, 10:34 AM
Are you running your speakers from the HU? If so, how many and what ohm?

Prowler573
01-13-2006, 10:40 AM
LOL, Funny you should ask that. Well you don't needa dash kit in my car b/c the H/u's are sopposed to fit in the stock location. Well the bass managed to shake it out of position and INTO my dash. Now I can't get it out lol. But noticed then it was REALLY hot. Is there something wrong with the H/u or is that normal?
Did you just shove it in the dash without the mounting sleeve? Because if you didn't I can't see how it just vibrated into the dash.....

chibahawk
01-13-2006, 02:54 PM
make sure the ground is good..

LuNaTiC
01-13-2006, 08:31 PM
Are you running your speakers from the HU? If so, how many and what ohm?

Yes, I'm not sure at what ohm. But I'm sure it is stable. I'm using stock speakers so they can't be less than 4 ohms. Oh and 4 speakers. So I don't think that's the problem.

Did you just shove it in the dash without the mounting sleeve? Because if you didn't I can't see how it just vibrated into the dash.....

Yes, Actually at first I didn't think the reciever would fit with the sleeve on so I put it in without it. But I did manage to get it out of the dash and mounted withe the sleeve today.

make sure the ground is good..

It is.

I think the heat is just normal. It does seem a little too hot though. But I'm sure there is no chance of fire now with it mounted correctly.

Thanks guys.