PDA

View Full Version : Tweets Question

Neptune
01-11-2006, 02:54 PM
Hello, well I just have a quick tweeter question. I have a DVD player with a receiver. I have two new 6x9's, two door speakers, and two tweets. For some reason when my dvd player starts up, I get this continuous "mmmm" noise going through the tweets. Any idea what it could be? And also, I have a four channel amp that I have my door's and my tweets going to. however, the component system that I have came with the tweets and the doors as well as two crossovers. Should I disconnect the crossover from the components? Because I have the crossover on the amp turned to "highs" and I have the regular crossover still hooked up. If I take out the crossover that came with the tweets and speakers will that fix any problems and will it make the sound clearer? thanks

joetama
01-11-2006, 03:26 PM
It kinda sounds like a grounding issue, or some kinda interconnect problem but with out hearing the sound i'm only guessing...

Neptune
01-11-2006, 04:49 PM
alright thanks i'll try that but does anybody have any more suggestions?

msrpIZtooMUCH
01-13-2006, 10:23 PM
With a passive front stage, there is no way to directly address the tweeters at the amplifier...so you don't want to look there. Furthermore, not your tweeters nor your crossover network are the source of your problem. They are merely reproducing what is sent to them...so, again, you don't want to look there. If you have noise in the system, the first thing to do is to look at your grounds.

lifted95blaze
01-14-2006, 12:50 AM
is the dvd player hooked up to a fm transmitter ?

Dr. Dan
01-14-2006, 06:04 AM
Yeah, I also think the dvd player is the prime suspect.
Is it an in-dash unit?
If the dvd player's audio outputs are rca jacks, you can also try;
Unplug the dvd player, hook up a battery powered mp3 player, discman etc...with a miniplug-RCA adapter(or whatever is appropriate).
Listen with that as the playback source and if the hum is gone then your sure that it's the dvd to blame. If all your wireing was correct, then something is internally wrong with the dvd.

lifted95blaze
01-14-2006, 11:13 PM
well i had a dvd player in my car and it had a fm transmitter with it, it was so hard to get a good ground w/ the transmitter and all the humming noises out of the speakers that i just gave up and sold it, it really pissed me off and i could never get it right, i even bought ground loop isolators and all kinds of things but no luck,so my opinion on the transmitters is there pieces of crap and your better off buyin a indash :D :D