PDA

View Full Version : bulldog security

sdb318
01-10-2006, 10:27 AM
is the bulldog security remote start any good. its a do it urself tpye thing. i am just looking for something easy and cheap and something i can do on my own. it is going i n a 95 nissan maxima. post comments about this. thanks scott

KaeZoo
01-10-2006, 11:39 AM
I've only ever installed one Bulldog remote start and I wasn't impressed. It had built-in terminals to attach the high current wires to, but it was impossibe to slide on the spade connector without dislodging the terminal from the circuit board. I had to open it up and re-solder the terminals.

A '95 Maxima is going to require a separate relay to activate a second starter wire. If you're not sure how to do this, I'd leave it to the pros.

pss5075104
01-17-2006, 11:07 AM
bulldog is junk. go with a dei sstem like viper.

Shyne151
01-18-2006, 01:35 PM
I've only ever installed one Bulldog remote start and I wasn't impressed. It had built-in terminals to attach the high current wires to, but it was impossibe to slide on the spade connector without dislodging the terminal from the circuit board. I had to open it up and re-solder the terminals.

Ekk... all connections should be soldered.

joeboxer5876
01-18-2006, 02:22 PM
i had it, opened it up and thought i could do it. i probably could have done it but i would have rather just had it installed somewhere for $100. i would suggest it to anyone and i took mine back to the store.

Mr. Nipples
01-18-2006, 05:44 PM
yea F Bulldogs, seriously Go with a DEI

jrouter76
01-18-2006, 09:49 PM
bulldog make good remote starters,I have installed 2 and they work perfectly witout a problem.I have the RS114 its a high-end remote starter from bulldog I think I paid about 50 dollars for it,it has door lock controls and pop trunk..go for it you know despite what has been said half of the responsders have never used bulldog equipment so their statement dosen`t hold water with me far too many people are quick to give their opinion on a product they never used how interesting!

KaeZoo
01-18-2006, 11:30 PM
Ekk... all connections should be soldered.

Yes, but you shouldn't normally have to open up the case and re-solder terminals to the circuit board.