PDA

View Full Version : just curious....

ntense702
01-10-2006, 01:01 AM
why do most of you think that rear fill speakers are unnecessary?

ntense702
01-10-2006, 01:12 AM
any other opinions?

MBrock4u
01-10-2006, 07:03 AM
Humm.. good question ! I myself enjoy rear fill amd am kinda surprised to see as much as people talk against it as they do. Makes my system sound great :)

bri487
01-10-2006, 07:06 AM
in my cobra i didnt run rear fill, and in my truck i dont either, but in a sedan or suv, i think it is a necessity. people ride back there and dont want to be annoyed by the sound, and plus i just think it makes a sedan or something nice like that a little more complete. it is just more of a comforting thought. i cant sleep at night without having rear fill in a 4 door.

Slammed
01-10-2006, 07:40 AM
soundstage is upfront....rear fill annoys me

majority of SQ guys do not have rear fill

classical music concerts dont have the orchestra playing behind you.....

hmm...that makes sense....right?

bri487
01-10-2006, 07:45 AM
soundstage is upfront....rear fill annoys me

majority of SQ guys do not have rear fill

classical music concerts dont have the orchestra playing behind you.....

hmm...that makes sense....right?

you should see if any dealers around you have TA setup correctly in their cars. if it is setup right, you dont even know that the rear fill is back there.

Slammed
01-10-2006, 07:49 AM
if it is setup right, you dont even know that the rear fill is back there.

then why have rear fill if one cannot hear it :p:

j/k...I get whatcha trying to say ;)

Ive heard many rear fill setups....not my cup of tea.

unfortunately, no one around here have SQ vehicles.

alteraudiousa
01-10-2006, 11:44 AM
its all how you do it. If you take time to set up rear fill it can sound good but if not than you're screwed. Lets take a few examples. All the alpine cars have huge rear fill and Ken's Tweeter Galant has more than enough rear fill and even Focal has an SQ Altima with rear fill. if you do it right it only adds to the fullness of the soundstage but you have to take time to set it up. I wouldn't suggest rear fill in coupes or hatches but in sedans and all its nice.