PDA

View Full Version : Honda civic stock mb quart components?

luelf21
01-09-2006, 03:34 PM
Whats up. I have a 1994 honda Civic EX and it has a set of mb quart 5 1/4 components installed as a factory option. i know these speakers are over 10 years old, but does anyone know about, or had any expirience with these. I know mb quart makes nice speakers but are these nice. I am getting ready to run the new pioneer premier 300 watt max, 60w x 2 @ 4 ohms to them.

I just wanted to post and see if anyone has had expirience with how good these speakers are and if they are worth keeping. They will be running along with an elemental designs 11kv.2 and nine.2 amplifier so hopefully the system will sound good.

any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks

desi_daru
01-09-2006, 09:11 PM
ughhh i seen pioneer speakers i believe in like a 2002 civic, BUT jus cuz there pioneer doesnt mean there good, they had paper cones and if u powered them other than the factory h/u u would blow them almost instantly

da_tank
01-09-2006, 10:01 PM
yeah desi's right most of those options arent "real" manufactured products, in other words those mb quarts are prob just regular 'ole stockspeakers that mbquart put their name on and said here ya go, instant mbquart system!. on your question you might want to remove door panels and stuff and check the condition of the driver itself, if they need replcing do so with a product you like and trust.If not then, find out what ohms they run at and see if they compatible with your amp. An amp will make a huge difference on stock speakers, especially those whom you're used to hearing without one.

luelf21
01-10-2006, 12:19 PM
well after looking at them a lookin on the internet, they look like the discus series of mb quart. im not 100% positive. They arent paperconed and actually look very nice. I will try to get time and pull them out to see the part or model number. maybe i can post up some pics. the crossover is mounted inside the door panel, it seems to be a nice quality stock system that honda used?