PDA

View Full Version : Anybody bi-amping front main speakers?

bikejunkie223
01-09-2006, 01:45 PM
Hey everyone,
I just got my new reciever Saturday (Denon 2106) and am sthinking about bi-amping my front mains (paradigm Studio 40's) because I am not doing 7.1 surround and have the extra channels of power. My question is, is it worth it, or should I leave it as it is? I already have them bi-wired, so it just means moving the wires and changing an amp assign in the menu. Opinions one way or the other please!

JimJ
01-09-2006, 01:48 PM
Bi-amping will actually make a perceptible difference, vs. bi-wiring...which won't :)

Go for it if they're rated for the power.

bikejunkie223
01-09-2006, 01:56 PM
I think they should be- the little manual that came with the speakers says they are bi-ampable, and they have the little straps that connect the terminals. I know bi-wiring makes no difference at all audibly- I just had the speaker wire laying around and did it. I'll probably need to readjust all the speaker levels after as well? Also where is a good starting point for sub crossovers? It's hard to tell where LFE info starts with home theatre (for me anyway)

PV Audio
01-09-2006, 05:14 PM
I bi-wired my advents and it didn't do jack ****. If you don't have the power to do so, then you really shouldn't bother. There have been articles written on it and the gains have tradeoffs (most notably price).

PV Audio
01-09-2006, 05:16 PM
I think they should be- the little manual that came with the speakers says they are bi-ampable, and they have the little straps that connect the terminals. I know bi-wiring makes no difference at all audibly- I just had the speaker wire laying around and did it. I'll probably need to readjust all the speaker levels after as well? Also where is a good starting point for sub crossovers? It's hard to tell where LFE info starts with home theatre (for me anyway)
You should adjust the sub x-over until you cannot tell you have a sub in the first place. The bass should just come from the speakers. :)

joetama
01-09-2006, 05:34 PM
If you can edit the EQ for each channel or other para's then the bi-amp would be a good idea, also if you are just looking to split the load then it would be good.