PDA

View Full Version : SQ of HU with screens

wErd
01-07-2006, 03:27 PM
i have a eclipse 8443 right now and i really enjoy the way it sounds. But now im tossing around the idea of replacing it with a flipout. Do flipouts generally have good SQ? i wouldnt be buying anything top of the line.. what would be some good sounding yet cheap flipouts? and is it hard to hook up a PS2 to one?

jrpro130
01-07-2006, 06:56 PM
from what i've read/heard around hear they are no where near the capabilities of a regular h/u. They are more oriented towards video than audio

but i could be wrong...that is just what i heard...aka...hearsay

roadmasters
01-09-2006, 04:14 AM
I've gone through quite a few head units until I installed a Clarion in dash. I was kind of skepitical at first regarding the SQ issue but I've remained quite impressed thus far :) I guess it really depends on the rest of your system.

bri487
01-09-2006, 04:20 AM
I've gone through quite a few head units until I installed a Clarion in dash. I was kind of skepitical at first regarding the SQ issue but I've remained quite impressed thus far :) I guess it really depends on the rest of your system.

a friend of mine replaced his 9835 with a clarion flip out and right off the bat SQ wasnt near what it was with the alpine. but when you get into the higher end eclipse/alpines, i dont know what happens. i have heard some that sound decent, but not really great.

imaspaceguy90
01-09-2006, 07:25 AM
I think as long as you dont get them chinease ones on ebay or the pyle ones, you should be ok.

playa1
01-09-2006, 02:15 PM
I noticed a improvement of SQ with my Clarion after i upgraded from an older alpine, but then again the old deck was from 2002, so of course it would be a upgrade. In another week or 2 i will be making a review for my flip out.

Mike

Kevokrook77
01-09-2006, 03:59 PM
my Pioneer flip out had pretty much all the features (SQ wise, high voltage preouts, Burr-Brown) as the high end ones, I'm sure it varies from deck to deck though. I think the AVH-P5700DVD would be a good, cheap flip out. Then again, I'm very biased towards Pioneer:)

6spdcoupe
01-10-2006, 01:25 AM
Eclipse AVN7000 + DCU105 processor for FTW.

Equal or better than most of the highend single transports available.

bri487
01-10-2006, 01:37 AM
my Pioneer flip out had pretty much all the features (SQ wise, high voltage preouts, Burr-Brown) as the high end ones, I'm sure it varies from deck to deck though. I think the AVH-P5700DVD would be a good, cheap flip out. Then again, I'm very biased towards Pioneer:)

i heard i think, might be wrong on this, the AVIC-N2 correct me if that number is wrong, but you get the point, and it sounded really good with diamond D9 highs/mids, and zapco amps.