PDA

View Full Version : Two comp sets?

ryanbssc29
01-07-2006, 01:10 AM
Allright I'm getting a Jeep real soon and im just planing out my system in advanced. Should i get one comp set for the front and one for the back? Or should i get one comp set for the front and cox. for the back?

Prowler573
01-07-2006, 01:25 AM
That will depend on your personal preferences. There are many here on the forum that feel that rear fill is unnecessary at best and a complete waste of time and resources at worst.

I don't share that particular opinion even if it is a popular one.

If you want alot of rear fill and you want it as clear as possible then go with two sets of components - one front, one rear (I have a similar setup in my car) Just be aware that getting the imaging right can potentially be a pain.

If rear fill isn't as important to you certainly going with coaxials in the rear would be a more economical avenue and a less painful install (no crossover and no second driver to need to mount)

If rear fill isn't of any importance to you at all then just skip it altogether. It all boils down to what you like best seeing as it is your ride and your money being invested here. :)

azbass
01-07-2006, 01:25 AM
a cherokee or a wrangler? etc.

ryanbssc29
01-07-2006, 01:47 AM
grand cherokee

alphakenny1
01-07-2006, 01:49 AM
boo on the rear fill.

if a rear fill is necessary, just get a cheap set of coaxials and use the extra money you were spend on components in the back and put that money in the front budget.

ryanbssc29
01-07-2006, 01:52 AM
Which one do yall think is better, alpine type r comps or diamond d6 comps?

alteraudiousa
01-07-2006, 02:38 AM
D6 have slightly more SQ but the Alpines are good on the mids. Are you limited to these brands. I can set you up with CDT components and coaxs for the rear. Check your PMs.