PDA

View Full Version : my Kenwood KDC-X889 came in and....

lubetek
01-07-2006, 12:50 AM
Wow. I am simply amazed with this hu. I did the install tonight and I've been blown away by the unit and all its features not to mention the sound quality. I can't even imagine how it will sound when my Dynaudio's are installed. The finish is top notch as well. I'm very pleased with this purchase.

all this at a close out price of $220. you just can't beat that deal considering its a top end Kenwood hu.

flakko
01-07-2006, 12:55 AM
Wow. I am simply amazed with this hu. I did the install tonight and I've been blown away by the unit and all its features not to mention the sound quality. I can't even imagine how it will sound when my Dynaudio's are installed. The finish is top notch as well. I'm very pleased with this purchase.

all this at a close out price of $220. you just can't beat that deal considering its a top end Kenwood hu.

wow good price. i got my 789 for around 215. me jealous. glad you like it, you will keep finding features you never even knew were there a month down the road lol.

lubetek
01-07-2006, 12:58 AM
tell me about it. I just sat in my car and kept finding more and more features. I'm gonna read the three books that came with it tonight lol.

BassBEAST88
01-07-2006, 01:01 AM
I got my 789 for like 170ish worth every penny! Glad you like it..

Prowler573
01-07-2006, 01:48 AM
tell me about it. I just sat in my car and kept finding more and more features. I'm gonna read the three books that came with it tonight lol.One of those books is a foreign language user's manualso unless you want to read it in English and Spanish no need to read that one. Another book is the user's manual for the PhatNoise Media Manager software and has little to nothing to do with the operation of the HU.

Having said that good buy! I wish someone around here had an 889 so I could see the faceplate differences between it and mine side-by-side.

Glad to hear you like it ~ have fun with it! :)

flakko
01-07-2006, 01:50 AM
One of those books is a foreign language user's manualso unless you want to read it in English and Spanish no need to read that one. Another book is the user's manual for the PhatNoise Media Manager software and has little to nothing to do with the operation of the HU.

Having said that good buy! I wish someone around here had an 889 so I could see the faceplate differences between it and mine side-by-side.

that phat noise media manager ROCKS!

you can make the head unit say curse words lol

lubetek
01-07-2006, 04:28 AM
One of those books is a foreign language user's manualso unless you want to read it in English and Spanish no need to read that one. Another book is the user's manual for the PhatNoise Media Manager software and has little to nothing to do with the operation of the HU.

Yeah I noticed that. I read the main manual, and the phat noise book. thats a nifty program. I like how I can burn animations, wallpaper and pics to upload to my hu. sweet! and the voice thing rocks too!

I've been a big Kenwood fan for many years (home audio) so I knew I had to get a KW hu. I'm very happy I did.

makdaddy
01-08-2006, 07:25 PM
What store has that unit for that price $215 :)
Thanks Greg

lubetek
01-09-2006, 01:37 AM
What store has that unit for that price $215 :)
Thanks Greg

he said he paid $215 for the X789. I hope to god you wouldn't buy the x789 over the x889 for a savings of 5 bucks lol.

the X889 for $219 here: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_5342.html#

Jdizzle
01-09-2006, 02:25 AM
man i cant wait till i upgrade my old pioneer to a kenwood...great cd players i love them

makdaddy
01-09-2006, 03:22 AM
he said he paid $215 for the X789. I hope to god you wouldn't buy the x789 over the x889 for a savings of 2 bucks lol.

the X889 for $219 here: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_5342.html#

My Bad

I can get the X889 shipped for $226.
but I see they add some wiring harness acc?
I will look harder at the site.

LOL

Prowler573
01-09-2006, 03:23 AM
Wish that's all I had paid for my HU some days....

makdaddy
01-09-2006, 03:34 AM
Wish that's all I had paid for my HU some days....

how do you like the new 25th Kenwood XXV-01D

I am torn between that and the X889

Greg

Prowler573
01-09-2006, 03:38 AM
I like it juuuuust fine so far. The menu navigation is very different than my now-retired KDC-X679 and that's taking a bit of getting used to but I'm getting there.

First radio I have owned since the very 1st aftermarket HU I ever bought that didn't have radio presets on the face (my first deck was a Coustic RX504 dual-shaft tape deck....it had tape search, track repeat, tuner call, etc etc etc ~ all the bells and whistles of a top-end cassette receiver but it was analog tuning. All the button space on the face was taken up by the various 'bells and whistles' functions so no presets)

It's louder, cleaner, and definately much prettier than my 679 - I can't see ever regretting the purchase, realistically, even if I did pay retail.

adam71
01-09-2006, 04:54 AM

Which Dynaudios do you have??

Ignatowski
01-09-2006, 07:40 AM
Excelons Pwn in 2005/6....
They are definatly catching on now,I own a 789 and a 889 and they
both replaced top end Alpines and Pioneers -
for 175-200 bucks your getting SQ and features of a 400-500 dollar HU
:naughty:

lubetek
01-09-2006, 01:16 PM
Which Dynaudios do you have??

Dynaudio System 260 comps 2-way
8" mid-bass w/ 1.1" tweeter

I thought of going with the 3-way but I don't like the mid driver supplied. they make a bigger 4" mid driver that resembles a mid bass driver. If I decide to go 3-way later on I can upgrade the xover's and buy those bigger mids for $149 each. for now I'm going 2-way and I decided on the system 260's because I like the idea of having 8" mid bass drivers up front.