PDA

View Full Version : Used Focal Utopia purchase advice

speedracerx
01-06-2006, 09:56 PM
Ive been piecing together a system this year (with help from you all) and would like some advice/ feedback on item I'm bidding on. The set comes with Two 1" Utopia tweeters, Two 5.25" Utopia Midrange drivers, and Two 6" Utopia Midbass Drivers. This set was assembled individually by seller, so no crossover. I currently have a Audio Control 4xS crossover and new Adire Extremis midbass drivers and am looking for high end midrange and tweeters without cost of crossover to complete and compliment previous purchases. I guess extra midbass drivers could be used in future rear fill project.
Any concerns, match-up issues, questions I should ask seller before making higher bid? Auction ends tomorrow so Ill be here listening for any advice- thanks guys!

XtrmAudioCncpts
01-06-2006, 09:58 PM
how much do you have to spend i wouldnt personally by used focal stuff

speedracerx
01-06-2006, 10:13 PM
$400, but you know how it is, just don't want future issues at any price. I'm high bidder with $300 showing.

speedracerx
01-06-2006, 10:44 PM
Used Focal stuff or used comps period?

GSteg
01-06-2006, 11:00 PM
Nothing wrong with Focal products at all. They are highly regarded product throughout the audio scene.

You shouldn't have much trouble incorporating the Focal tweeters and midrange with the Adire Extremis.

FoxPro5
01-06-2006, 11:03 PM
Ive been piecing together a system this year (with help from you all) and would like some advice/ feedback on item I'm bidding on. The set comes with Two 1" Utopia tweeters, Two 5.25" Utopia Midrange drivers, and Two 6" Utopia Midbass Drivers. This set was assembled individually by seller, so no crossover. I currently have a Audio Control 4xS crossover and new Adire Extremis midbass drivers and am looking for high end midrange and tweeters without cost of crossover to complete and compliment previous purchases. I guess extra midbass drivers could be used in future rear fill project.
Any concerns, match-up issues, questions I should ask seller before making higher bid? Auction ends tomorrow so Ill be here listening for any advice- thanks guys!

I myself would feel comfortable doing what you are doing...I'm trying to do the same with a Dynaudio set...great way to piece together a set that would normally cost you hundreds more;)