PDA

View Full Version : Midbass Help

GTO Zeta
01-05-2006, 11:31 PM
Well I'm a noob at car audio stuff, and I was just wondering. Is 4x6's? worth keeping at all? Or should I replace them? If so, I was kinda leaning toward maybe putting in 6x9? or 6 1/2? They are door speakers on a Pontiac Grand Am, and I feel as if though I need more midbass. Any suggestions on what I should do? If their are any questions on the sub, it is a RF Punch HX-2 in a ported box tuned to I don't know.

alteraudiousa
01-05-2006, 11:51 PM
i had a 04 Alero coupe, same car all in all, and i did a 3way setup. I replaced the 4x6 with a 4in woofer, bought Q logic kicks and redid them to hold a HD-5 and placed the tweets in the sails. If you try and do a larger woofer in the doors you will more than likley have to cut into the metal and the door space isn't too big. Its uneven pretty much after the adapter. but PM me if you have questions.

MBrock4u
01-10-2006, 07:11 AM
If you are looking for midbass Alpine 6.5 type S have some real good thump with good highs if properly powered. Doubt if you could get my usable midbass from your 4x6. Just my 2 cents worth :)

bri487
01-10-2006, 07:25 AM
is that a coupe or sedan? for you door speakers, i would maybe look into a component system with an external amplifier on them if you dont aleady have one. it will make a whole world of difference.

bikejunkie223
01-10-2006, 10:52 AM
Another thing to consider is sound deadening- helps midbass a ton (though doubtful with a 4x6) If you seal up the door so it acts as an enclsure you will get much more midbass. A set of 6.5 comps w amp will help too.