PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade

thehardknoxlife
01-05-2006, 06:10 PM
I have some kicker ks6.5 components with 100 watts going to them. Dont get me wrong theses sound alright but i need some that are louder. I was looking at the PG xenon 6.5's and was thinking about these, or do you guys think I should just upgrade to more exspensive components. I need some that 150dbs doesnt drown out.

alteraudiousa
01-05-2006, 06:12 PM
better components and maybe a 3way setup instead.

squeak9798
01-05-2006, 07:03 PM
I need some that 150dbs doesnt drown out.

:laugh:

Good luck with that :)

Get horns if you don't want your front stage drowned out by 150db of bass. And to save audiolife the keystrokes ( :D )....Beyma would also have some high output components that might suit you.

thehardknoxlife
01-05-2006, 07:12 PM
:laugh:

Good luck with that :)

Get horns if you don't want your front stage drowned out by 150db of bass. And to save audiolife the keystrokes ( :D )....Beyma would also have some high output components that might suit you.
I dont actually put out 150 dbs I just used that as a reference.

rocky 59
01-05-2006, 07:15 PM
how much you wanna sell those comps for?

thehardknoxlife
01-05-2006, 07:44 PM
how much you wanna sell those comps for?
Well I havent really thought about that but I usually sell my used stuff cheap. The problem is one started making a noise thats the reason I am upgrading. I also lost one of the tweets. I have both crossovers though. If you want these I will sell them cheap but not till I get new ones.

Towncar
01-06-2006, 12:30 AM
I have some kicker ks6.5 components with 100 watts going to them. Dont get me wrong theses sound alright but i need some that are louder. I was looking at the PG xenon 6.5's and was thinking about these, or do you guys think I should just upgrade to more exspensive components. I need some that 150dbs doesnt drown out.

Where exactly in knoxville are you located? I live in knoxville aswell, and you can hear my xenons to give you an idea of what they sound like. Pm me if you want to meet up..

thehardknoxlife
01-08-2006, 10:19 AM
Ok I heard the xenons yesterday. They sound good but not much if any better than the ones I have. They were drrowned out with 2 L7's with 600 a piece. I want something loud. I saw a set of CDT HD6 on here are they that much better?

Towncar
01-08-2006, 10:52 AM
You mentioned you liked running rear fill, so run another pair in the rears. Im still not done with my setup. Im about to purchase the 6.5s, and put them in the kicks, and use the 5.25s as stricly mids. Once I do that, then they will no longer be drowned out, but 2 l7 15s are pretty hard to over come in the first place with comps.

thehardknoxlife
01-08-2006, 11:11 AM
You mentioned you liked running rear fill, so run another pair in the rears. Im still not done with my setup. Im about to purchase the 6.5s, and put them in the kicks, and use the 5.25s as stricly mids. Once I do that, then they will no longer be drowned out, but 2 l7 15s are pretty hard to over come in the first place with comps.
I am going to run a set of coaxils for the rear. Pioneer revs. I just want a set of comps that get very loud to keep up with the low bass that I have.

Towncar
01-08-2006, 12:42 PM
If your going to run those pioneers in the rears, then the xenons should be more than loud enough. Remember in my car I only had 5.25s in the front with no rear fill, and Im still not done tweaking them out. When my 6.5s arrive, and I run my 5.25 as strickly midrange, then I will invite you for a listen.

GSteg
01-08-2006, 12:44 PM
If you're handy with install, get horns. They will have no problem keeping up with your subwoofers. You will reach the limits of your ears before the horns even reaches its own limit.

Towncar
01-08-2006, 12:51 PM
If you're handy with install, get horns. They will have no problem keeping up with your subwoofers. You will reach the limits of your ears before the horns even reaches its own limit.

Horns are very expensive though, but if you can afford them, then go for it.

GSteg
01-08-2006, 01:14 PM
Ebay usually has the cd1e pros for ~$150. and even those will keep up with those kicker subs :)