PDA

View Full Version : Component Speakers

silverado71
01-04-2006, 09:55 PM
Are component sets THAT much better then regular speakers?

What is a good 5 1/4 component set?
What is a good 6 1/2 component set?

Im looking for 2 x 5 1/4 and 1 set of 6 1/2 for a scion does anyone know the maximum mounting depth for a scion tc?

5 1/4 for fron door and mid panel
6 1/2 for mid panel

Prowler573
01-04-2006, 10:25 PM
Are component sets THAT much better then regular speakers?Normally, the easy answer is yes. Hence why most people prefer them over coaxials. They can be a bit more problematic regarding installation considering you have to find somewhere to put a midrange, a tweeter, and a passive crossover instead of just needing a location to mount a speaker, connect two wires to it, and be done. The added clarity and vastly improved imaging that results from a proper install makes them well worth the extra trouble.

What is a good 5 1/4 component set?
What is a good 6 1/2 component set?This, like most all else car audio-related is a rather subjective thing. A definitive answer will require your listening preferences, proposed budget, and available power information to provide an educated response. You can spend a couple hundred bucks on some that are 'good' and you can spend 6, 7, 800 bucks or more on some truly outstanding components.

Im looking for 2 x 5 1/4 and 1 set of 6 1/2 for a scion does anyone know the maximum mounting depth for a scion tc?

5 1/4 for fron door and mid panel
6 1/2 for mid panelThis information I don't have. I haven't looked in Crutchfield's "What Fits My Car?" database to see if the Scions have been updated into it yet.

alphakenny1
01-04-2006, 10:35 PM
too dam vague. to find out what are good speakers :search: . thats twice that you've made a thread that states absolutely nothing. we need budget and what type of music you like. "good" is subjective.