PDA

View Full Version : Which component set should I buy?

terminal206
01-01-2006, 11:57 PM
I am looking to buy a 6 1/2 component set for my truck. I have narrowed it down to either the Infinity Kappa 60.7CS or the Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 component sets. Which would you recommend if the price difference doesn't matter?

Also, if I get the component sets do you think I need to get an extra set of tweeters?

And finally, am looking to install 4 new 693.7i Kappa speakers I just bought and want to get the most I safely can out of them. I REALLY want to stay all Infinity with my audio set up. So here's the question:

What amp(s) can I get to power my 6 x 9's?

I want to be able push 200 watts or over to each speaker. RMS is 110, and Max is 330 so I think around 200-240 should be fine on these speakers. I will also be powering 2 6 1/2 Kappa Components and 2 1" Kappa Tweeters when this is all said and done, so what INFINITY amps should I get? For right now I only have to worry about powering 2 of the 6 x 9's (that's all I have right now) but I thought that letting you know what will soon be happening might help. (I might be ordering the tweeters this weekend.)

Any help will be VERY MUCH appreciated.

~TSL~

alteraudiousa
01-02-2006, 12:10 AM
neither look into CDT, Boston, or Dynaudio. I tried the perfects and the tweets were awful, the mids were decent but the companies mentioned above were better in all aspects. Smoother highs, more focused mids, and tonally just better sounding.

bamaboy
01-02-2006, 01:48 PM
a couple things:
i dont see why you would need an extra set of tweets, no reason for that,

and please dont put over the rms for the speakers, if they say 110 why would you want to put 200 on them and max power means nothingd ont look at it

unless you like bright highs and low midbass i would stay away from infinity speakers, and unless you want sq subs i would aslo stay away from their subs

pleas only a 100x4 amp for the door speakers, i dont see what u will be gaining by going higher and i dont know if you have a sub setup but im sure you will be able to hear words with all those infinities