PDA

View Full Version : Memphis M-class rear fill?

drzenitram
12-31-2005, 04:54 PM
I've got a 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse and I'm wanting some amplified rear fill.

I'm going to be running 1 Diamond d610d2 sub on 600w, Rainbow Dream 5.25" components in the front on 100w, and I was listening to these at a local shop, however I can't seem to find specs for them.

What's their RMS wattage and what would be comparable for a good price?

I'm looking to spend under $350 on my rear stage, including an amp.

I want it amped so I can plug it all into my EQ.

Since I've got 5.25" fronts I'm aiming at a little midbass in the rear with my 10" sub.

Towncar
12-31-2005, 10:49 PM
Dont run any rear fill. You especially wont need any since you drive such a small car. A good set of amped comps will be more than enough. I wouldnt even worry about rearfill.

flakko
12-31-2005, 10:52 PM
I've got a 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse and I'm wanting some amplified rear fill.

I'm going to be running 1 Diamond d610d2 sub on 600w, Rainbow Dream 5.25" components in the front on 100w, and I was listening to these at a local shop, however I can't seem to find specs for them.

What's their RMS wattage and what would be comparable for a good price?

I'm looking to spend under $350 on my rear stage, including an amp.

I want it amped so I can plug it all into my EQ.

Since I've got 5.25" fronts I'm aiming at a little midbass in the rear with my 10" sub.

wow thats a lot of money for the rear stage... if you must have it, get a set of coaxes (like 50 dollar CDTs or something) like towncar said, focus on the front.

drzenitram
01-01-2006, 01:18 AM
I'm going to be putting my Rainbow Dream 5.25" components in the front in q-form kickpanels with 100w. They're going to have polyfill and will be sound dampened.
I know these speakers are some of the more inexpensive Rainbow sets, but will they suffice for my car? Or should I look to upgrade to the contour line? Or something more expensive? I want soft tweets, so probably no focals.

I'm pairing them with a Diamond d610 @ 600w in a small sealed box in the hatch. I figured the 10" sub would cover most of my midbass.

flakko
01-01-2006, 02:41 AM
I'm going to be putting my Rainbow Dream 5.25" components in the front in q-form kickpanels with 100w. They're going to have polyfill and will be sound dampened.
I know these speakers are some of the more inexpensive Rainbow sets, but will they suffice for my car? Or should I look to upgrade to the contour line? Or something more expensive? I want soft tweets, so probably no focals.

I'm pairing them with a Diamond d610 @ 600w in a small sealed box in the hatch. I figured the 10" sub would cover most of my midbass.

heck if you can affoef the contours get them !

Ignatowski
01-01-2006, 07:40 AM
I would think rear fill in such a small car would kill imaging and rendor you a poor sounding system,I tired it in my RSX and it totally screwed with my ears
What I would do is get the same comp up front but in 6.5" and add about 50w more pwer channel than your current amp

drzenitram
01-01-2006, 09:56 AM
Okay, rear fill is out, but I can't up the size of the speaker in the front. I have Q-logic kickpanels and all they take is a 5.25" driver.

I CAN however fit 6.5 inch speakers in my doors, but will that kill my imaging also?

Ignatowski
01-01-2006, 11:04 AM
Okay, rear fill is out, but I can't up the size of the speaker in the front. I have Q-logic kickpanels and all they take is a 5.25" driver.

I CAN however fit 6.5 inch speakers in my doors, but will that kill my imaging also?

6.5s in the doors and 5.25s in the kicks?
I would think it would also be a problem - you might be able to figure out
how to run them as a 3 way but for me 6.5s in the doors alone would be better with also adding more watts..

Running your comps in HP allows you to really power them high and get some sweet SQ -my RSX has a 60w comp that I power with over double that
and it really changed the whole SQ of the speaker:naughty:

drzenitram
01-01-2006, 03:17 PM
Well, RMS on those Rainbows is 40 and I'm giving them 100, hopefully it'll turn out well. I might try to cut and fit some 6.5" Contours here in a month or so if I'm not happy with the 5.25" Dream line.