PDA

View Full Version : 6x9's installation question

docutech
12-30-2005, 11:51 PM
Will there be any difference in sound and/or performance in a pair of a rear deck 6x9's installed from inside the trunk versus installing them from the inside of the passanger compartment? Any drawbacks or benefits with either application?
*Clarifying edit* What I mean is installing them from the top of the read deck versus installing them from underneath the rear deck from within the trunk.

kombat96
12-30-2005, 11:53 PM
why do that? leave them in the deck, if there loose they move or have the chance to get stolen or broke....all in my opinion.

azbass
12-31-2005, 12:09 AM
install them in the rear deck they way they are ment to be installed

docutech
12-31-2005, 12:11 AM
you mean from the top?

Prowler573
12-31-2005, 12:15 AM
If they are bottom-mounted (underneath from inside the trunk) the output could potentially suffer if there is any deck material (cardboard, cloth, etc) that the sound will have to play through before entering the cabin. The upside to this method is stealth....if they are mounted from underneath and topped by the factory speaker grills it will appear to anyone wanting to have a look that you have OEM gear (generally not worth the trouble to steal)

Top-mounting goes the other way ~ there's nothing to obstruct the sound getting into the cabin but it is obvious that there are aftermarket speakers there.

I reckon it will depend on which is most important to you (personally I'd go with the top-mount and some dark tint :thumbsup: )