PDA

View Full Version : tweet location

camry_tuner
12-30-2005, 08:57 PM
where should i mount my tweeters? i dont have the space to make kicks, because i have a foot e-brake. my last resort is making tweeter pods in the sails, but i dont really want to go that route unless there are no other options. Car is a 1993 camry, comp set is focal polyglass 165v2. i know that most of the suggestions will be to test them out and see where i like them, but i just want to see some options as to where to mount them. thanks a lot

springy101
12-30-2005, 09:55 PM
just wire em up and use tape or something and try a bunch of different locations and find the one that sounds best to you.

kuijo
12-30-2005, 09:58 PM
I have mine in my sails, they sound amazing. Make sure you aim them accordingly not just place them there.

takeabao
12-30-2005, 10:29 PM
Have a 94 Camry myself.

You might want to consider mounting them in your A-pillars -- but that will require a little fiberglass work. Sail-pods work just fine in that car too.

I'd recommend, ditching the eu-700s in your rear deck -- that's only going to draw your sound-stage to your rear and muddy up your bass.

You can fix most imaging issues with the time alignment and crossovers on your 7998 -- **** fine piece of equipment.

camry_tuner
12-30-2005, 11:34 PM
I'd recommend, ditching the eu-700s in your rear deck -- that's only going to draw your sound-stage to your rear and muddy up your bass.

You can fix most imaging issues with the time alignment and crossovers on your 7998 -- **** fine piece of equipment.

i plan on keeping the eu's crossed low, i really like the eu's so i plan on keeping them, but my install and set up is designed to be able to have some form of bass if i hav to take out my sub to carry a large load. that's my plan, and im probably going to stick to it. also, if i ever decide to go active 3-way, i could use the eu's for midbass ;)

thanks for your input tho =D

takeabao
12-30-2005, 11:43 PM
i plan on keeping the eu's crossed low, i really like the eu's so i plan on keeping them, but my install and set up is designed to be able to have some form of bass if i hav to take out my sub to carry a large load. that's my plan, and im probably going to stick to it. also, if i ever decide to go active 3-way, i could use the eu's for midbass ;)

thanks for your input tho =D

Great plan. Gen 3 Camrys have pretty roomy trunks -- fits a couple dead bodies pretty easily. :) So hopefully you won't have to remove your box all too often.

Just make sure deaden the HELL out've that rear deck. Doors are decently deep -- even for your average midsized family sedan. Dunno if you could fit eu-700s in there.

Used to have a pair myself, but sold them because of inefficiency and practicality issues.

camry_tuner
12-30-2005, 11:48 PM
well imgonna deaden the rear deck pretty well, and i dont think i could throw the eu's in the doors without modification... but who knows, i hav plenty of different routes i can take /w my set up and the flexability of the headunit... so with the eu's i have more options to play with.

squeak12
12-31-2005, 12:19 AM
Im putting mine on the a-pillar. Thats where I like them best.